Sudden Drop in Mileage of Verna Diesel

Thread Starter #1
- I drive a verna 1.6 sx crdi 2012 model

Since the past 3 months i am experiencing a sudden drop in its mileage. Previously the city running was in between 15-17. And highway running was 20

- now the mileage has dropped to around 10 in the last 3 months and highway around 17. Moreover when i get the tank topped the mileage is back to 15 or 16 but the in a day it keeps dropping down and sometimes reaches below 10

- the agency guy told me it me be fuel injectors or anything but wasn't sure too

- further my vehicle seems to be belching more heat when the ac is turned on. I think but cant say.

- kindly suggest how to go about it ... Is it sum fault in the car or is it just vintage....

Hi Dejavu,

When was the car last serviced. Please check the Air filter as well.
41K is too early for injectors to fail / clog unless you have been using foul fuel.
If it has already been 5K Kms, I would suggest to get the oil, filter and air filter changed, and upgrade the oil used to semi synthetic.

Also as you mentioned it provides original mileage when tank is topped, I would suggest to get the fuel pump / lines checked as well.

Cheers !!

SG

Thread Starter #5
Nearing 5k ....Would get the vehicle serviced this weekend and hope for an emproved performance
Thank you

my verna is also 2012 model has run 80000 kms and run's like hell (ie) can still reel in bigger more powerful car's with ease on highway's never had any of the issues mentioned above but i remember sometime back when i was frequently using a very dusty road, the air filter got blocked and i faced this problem . the service person very easily identified the problem and after cleaning the same, car started giving the usual mileage figures my 2 pence hope it helps

could be due to clogged fuel filter.

if the car starts a longer crank to start after being parked for a long time and when the throttle is pushed hard if the acceleration dull or weak, fuel filter is the culprit.

Injectors needs cleaning and reclaibration only post 1l kms.

Top Bottom