My Bajaj Avenger Stops in Monsoons

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am facing an issue with my avenger 7months old, during rainy season it gives jerk like there is no petrol in tank. And fianally it stops. Facing problem during 1st service, now 3 servicings are done. Also changed both the spark plug but still issue persist. Can anybody tell me exact issue??

This is a common issue with bajaj bikes. Do get the CDI cleaned once and the issue will go.

Additionally there is a male-female type connection under the seat (in P220 it's there only) which has the wire for power transmission to spark plugs (or maybe something else, it's a big and only one such connection), get it opened, cleaned and then tightened.

My KB-4S had this very same problem kabhi kabhi. I would open the Fuel tank Lid, do one Hamara Bajaj (meaning tilt the Bike a little to one side), then blow air into the Tank with my face covering the opening (yeah yeah it was awful). But, it always started, after such passionate kiss. Try it.

Who knows, bike being a female gender (in Hindi), it needs such kisses [;)]

It was something to do with flow of fuel, but no Bajaj A$$ could rectify the problem, be it at Delhi or here in B'lore.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
in my RE thunderbird water used to trap where the spark plus is located. there is hole besides the sprak plug to drain the water but it was always blocked and in rains my bike used to stop just like yours.
i had to remove the spark plug wire and soak the water using a cloth.
check if water is accumulated near the spark plug.

Attachments

Ask the servicemen if they clean the carburettor or not while servicing. Sometimes the dirt inside the carburettor blocks fuel to enter into the engine properly hence those jerks.

Top Bottom