MPFI System Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have a question regarding the mpfi system in todays petrol engines. In diesel engines the FI pump is driven by the engine itself. So i want to ask whether the fuel pump in mpfi petrol engines is also driven by the engine or not. I m asking this because i had read somewhere that diesel engine FI pump needs to be serviced after 1.5 lacs kms. So if mpfi petrol pump is driven by the engine then it would also need servicing after 1.5 lacs or particular kms ? I am asking this because i am planning to buy new car and if mpfi is also having engine driven fuel pump then i would go for diesel car.

Re: Mpfi system

Hello everybody. I have a question regarding the mpfi system in todays petrol engines. In diesel engines the FI pump is driven by the engine itself. So i want to ask whether the fuel pump in mpfi petrol engines is also driven by the engine or not. I m asking this because i had read somewhere that diesel engine FI pump needs to be serviced after 1.5 lacs kms. So if mpfi petrol pump is driven by the engine then it would also need servicing after 1.5 lacs or particular kms ? I am asking this because i am planning to buy new car and if mpfi is also having engine driven fuel pump then i would go for diesel car.
Fuel pump in MPFI cars is electric one and governed by ECM and relays. Life expectancy is above 2 Lak KM. Do not drive the car in reserve capacity of petrol tank that will heat up the fuel pump and reduces the life, maintain at least quarter of the tank fuel pump runs cooler and increases life.

Last edited:

Top Bottom