Skoda Rapid Software Update Issue

Thread Starter #1
Skoda owners are being asked to update the software in their vehicles when they take them for service. I too was asked and I agreed for the software update. If I am not mistaken, this is to rectify the emission fraud that the Volkswagen group had committed.

The service manager said that the engine would become slightly more noisy post the update. But my experience was different. There was not much change in the noise or harshness of the engine, there was not much impact on the fuel economy as well but what changed was the torque surge one got post 2000-2500 rpm. I really miss the torque surge. It is more linear now.

Has anyone faced this issue? Is there any way to get back the stock software? Or, should I go the ECU remap or MECU way (at my own cost) to get back the torque surge.

Re: Issue with software update to Skoda Rapid

Has anyone faced this issue? Is there any way to get back the stock software? Or, should I go the ECU remap or MECU way (at my own cost) to get back the torque surge.
My Rapid is just 5 days old so can't comment and also its under run-in period haven't taken it above 2000 rpm.

I guess Service Centre can help you restore the stock ECU software.

I was supposed to do the update yesterday. Luckily the appointment got cancelled due to some fault in the equipment at the dealership. Reading the reviews of the update experience in other forums, I have decided not to do the update.

Thread Starter #4
The new Skoda Rapid does not have that torque surge. So, I presume that the new Skoda Rapid has the emission check software built in to the stock car.

I am not sure if the Skoda service center would go back to the original software esp. with that being a cheat device. It all depends on the relationship with the service personnel and I started mine with just one visit after one year

Hi,
My friend owns a 2011 skoda rapid. It's running fine, now the service centre is calling him for this emissions software update. He doesn't want to take it but the customer service are saying that till this December they will be doing for free.

He need help from those who updated their car.
1. Is this compulsory ?
2. Will threre be any engine problem after the update ?
3. Do they give any certificate after update ?

One more thing from next service he is thinking to get it done outside.

Top Bottom