Mahindra Bolero Sound Upon Braking

Thread Starter #1
I own a Bolero SLX, 2013 Model. I usually drive my vehicle to the tea estates in hills of Darjeeling from Kolkata. The vehicle has completed 30K kms. Now, of late after driving say around after 500kms at a stretch, while braking i find noises coming from front right wheel something like " bhoosh", bhoosh". other wise everything is fine no problem anywhere regarding braking also...... By the way I have changed brake pads and bushes also..Need to know your feedback.

Usually I halt for say 15/ 20 mins I drive , its gone. Si it due to heat or something I am not sure.

Re: Sound coming while braking.............

It can be due to heat ,check with calliper assembly.
1.Calliper greasing should be done at every 10k km
2.Check with Discs .whether any uneven scratches
3.As you have said front wheels ,check with wheel bearings also.(Rare chances for bearing ,as bearing won't produce bhoosh sound)

Thread Starter #3

It can be due to heat ,check with calliper assembly.
1.Calliper greasing should be done at every 10k km
2.Check with Discs .whether any uneven scratches
3.As you have said front wheels ,check with wheel bearings also.(Rare chances for bearing ,as bearing won't produce bhoosh sound)
Thank you for your reply.

I believe it may be due to heat. I will also do calliper greasing. Will greasing solve the issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Check your brake calipers and pads. Pad condition should be first thing to check. Could also be that the cylinder seals are not pulling the pads back like they should.

Thread Starter #5

Check your brake calipers and pads. Pad condition should be first thing to check. Could also be that the cylinder seals are not pulling the pads back like they should.
Actually the sounds will come only after teh vehicle has been driven for more than 400 / 500 kms

Calliper greasing won't cost much -around Rs300.(It is good to grease it after every 10k km)
As you told that sound arises only after 400-500 kilometre ,more chances for generation of heat on all brake components.The brake system can be inspected and then only problem can be pinpointed out.

Thread Starter #7
Calliper greasing won't cost much -around Rs300.(It is good to grease it after every 10k km)
As you told that sound arises only after 400-500 kilometre ,more chances for generation of heat on all brake components.The brake system can be inspected and then only problem can be pinpointed out.
Ok I understand,but 2 months back when i changed the pads, the mechanic never said anything. Anyways, greasing will be surely done

Thanks once again

I believe when coming from Darjeeling to Kolkata it should be a downhill, which means you are using much brakes during the ride, which causes much heat and can be the cause of this issue, do you face similar problems up hill as well ?

Bolero is a heavy car, and would require much more break affect to kill the momentum caused by weight.

If it is mostly from the right wheel, please get the suspension bushes checked too.

Cheers !!

SG

never as the fluid is sufficient and the service book says not before 60K. Do I need to ?
When Brake fluid ages its boiling temperature decreases due to moisture absorption hence braking efficiency drops, brakes should work hard this causes sound. You may not not notice decreased efficiency but its in milli seconds rule. Old brake fluid absorbs moisture and makes other components to rust like imp parts proportionate valve. Proportionate valve contains metering valves for two tracks and four wheels to pump brake fluid. Buy a brake fluid tester see below link

LED Brake Fluid Liquid Water Moisture Tester Indicator Test Pen for Car Truck: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Check your brake fluid if necessary change it.

Below link provide you authentic info on brake fluid.

Why Change Brake Fluid

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
When Brake fluid ages its boiling temperature decreases due to moisture absorption hence braking efficiency drops, brakes should work hard this causes sound. You may not not notice decreased efficiency but its in milli seconds rule. Old brake fluid absorbs moisture and makes other components to rust like imp parts proportionate valve. Proportionate valve contains metering valves for two tracks and four wheels to pump brake fluid. Buy a brake fluid tester see below link

LED Brake Fluid Liquid Water Moisture Tester Indicator Test Pen for Car Truck: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Check your brake fluid if necessary change it.

Below link provide you authentic info on brake fluid.

Why Change Brake Fluid

-suryaputhra
So you are advising me to change the brake fluid Right ? I will do that surely, Can you name one good brand Please , CAn Castrol be used ?

As stated by @suryaputhra, it may be related to Brake Fluid aging. However, My humble inputs : I had this problem of squeeling sound at around 30000 kilometers mark. Once one of the Front wheel got stuck and the vehicle wont move. Since it was middle of night, I waited for around twenty minutes. After cooling down, started driving again. The problem has not recurred till date. However, my humble opinion is that please check whether the brake pads were actually changed by the service centre guys. Check for any iron colored/black coloured dust accumulating in the wheel and wheel caps. Now a days I practice using brake to the minimum in hill roads by correct slotting of gears on slopes.

Top Bottom