Hyundai Fludic Verna 1.6 SX CRDI Tubeless Tyres with Tube

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends

I am new to this community but browsed as guest multiple times, greetings to all members!!

I purchased Hyundai Fludic verna CRDI 1.6 sx in Jan 2014. I cover 25KM daily to office by car and in a quarter, I also drive on highways for min. 2 times with approximate run of 1500 KM. I am based in Jaipur, Rajasthan and was very happy with car performance. But after 1 year issue started with Bridgestone stock tubeless Tyre. I had multiple patches/fix and a 1-2 inch cut in one tyre then service guy suggested to repair it in local market instead of purchasing new one. He told me either to purchase all four new tyres or repaid single old one. The same story continues and now after 3.3 years & driving 45K KM, two front tyres are tubeless and three rear+extra tyres are tubeless+tube fitted. I have shown tyres to service guy and he said tyres can run upto 5K more and continue to use rear patch tyres.

I am not able to drive more than 110 km/hr due to concern of tyre(patch tyres) burst on high speed. I have decided to change all four tyres, suggested options will be highly appreciated!

Questions?
  1. Was my decision of rear tubeless tires with tube fitted correct or not?
  2. Please suggest good tyre options for 195/55 16?

Thanks

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
1. if the tread was good there is no harm to put tube in a tubeless tyre.
2. i am using yokohama earth 1 on 3 of my cars and those are really good.
another good set of tyre is michelin xm2 but it's a little costly (silicon tyres) but my tyre dealer ( a relative) told me it has chipping problems if the running is low. yours is around 14k per year so maybe you won't have that problem.

Having tube inside tubeless tire is not an issue. Its an additional layer to hold air as the external layer may be weak to hold.

Tire wont burst unless you have very low air and it gets heated up beyond control suddenly. If you maintain recommended air pressure and tire is not having uneven wear and tear due to worn bearings or bent rim, you are not in the risk of tire burst.. Try to use the tires as far as you could and then change

Top Bottom