Ford Focus: Vibration on Acceleration

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm bit desperate for help here :help:

I live in the UK and have Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI (Diesel) MK2. I have car vibration problems and tried few garages and changed few parts in the process. I know this model is not for sale in India and you may not be familiar with its components, however, the whole Diesel car is mechanically same and so need some pointers.

There is a vibration throughout the car coming from the engine at around 2000 RPM on acceleration irrespective of what gear I'm in. The car has no vibration while revving in stationary/standstill at the same RPM range and it only happens while accelerating and gear engaged. No matter what speed (30, 50, 80, 110) I drive if it is at RPM car vibrates like crazy. It just feels like you're driving in 4th gear at 30kmph so you feel that near stalling feeling. Generally, car has power but vibration gets worse on the hills/banks [frustration]

As part of the diagnosis, I have changed the following:
1) Wheels balanced
2) Both driveshafts replaced (Good used)
3) Gearbox replaced (Good used)
4) Clutch replaced (Brand new)
5) Dual mass flywheel replaced (Brand new)
6) New engine mount
7) All injectors checked

I know you haven't visually inspected or driven the car and may not be familiar with the model but generally what exactly happens at 2000 rpm? Are there any engine components like Timing Belt/Camshaft/Turbo/EGR that might cause vibration at the above rpm range?

Please give some suggestions as you're my last resort [:)]

The problem is exactly as shown in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0b4pzjrPao

Top Bottom