Originally Posted by icecool2010
I moved to India and have booked a Vento Automatic which I should take delivery next week.
A few questions for a first time buyer in India:
1) The car odometer shows 32 kms. Is this normal for a new car? What is the accepted tolerance here? - 32 Km is fine. Mine was 42km. If it is more than 50 ask about it.
2) On delivery of the car - What documents is required from my side? I can think of the following:
Address Proof, Identity Proof, Photograph- Anything else? - On Delivery I don't think you need to provide any such document. You need to keep recipts and other documents given by dealer.
3) On delivery of the car - What documents is required to be given to me by the dealer? - see list New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)
4) How many litres of petrol does the dealer normally give with a new car? - I got 10 liters. It changes dealer by dealer and no rule for that.
If there is a link, which gives details of Do's and Don'ts of new car buying - please point me to it.
- link already provided by mastersquall New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)