CNG Retrofit on Maruti Suzuki DZire Petrol (2009)?

Thread Starter #1
Friends

As you are aware, I have 2009 DZire LXi Petrol. Questions:

1. Is it OK to install CNG Retrofit on this model? Someone said CNG on 2009 petrol model wont work well. Any particular issues with this model?
2. What will be breakeven KM be to recover the cost of CNG Installation + fuel costs?
3. I want to go for a good quality kit only. What will the approx cost for a good kit? Any recommendation of where to install in Faridabad?
4. I hear that I will need to fill gas everyday if i travel 100km/day. Is it possible to get a bigger tank to be able to fill gas only after 300km or so?

PS: I am foreseeing the run to be ~2000km/month

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: CNG Retrofit on Old 2009 Model DZire Petrol Model?

1. Wait for someone else to reply.
2. If your daily commute is more than 50kms a day then only cng makes sense.
3.get sequential kit which automatically switch to cng after traveling the required distance on petrol.
Sequential will cost around 45k and normal cost around 27k-30k.
4.no it's not possible. In summers best you can go is 100 kms-110kms. Even if you go for a bigger tank size which gets 2kg extra you would only increase the range by 30kms.

kkn13

Suspended
I suggest you also drive another Dzire CNG before fitting
I know of some people who were put off by the slight loss in performance etc
On the other hand, I know of some who swear by it in city traffic

Another factor to consider is queues when refilling gas
and get a certified sequential kit with warranty etc in place as suggested above

Marutis are fairly CNG-friendly and the number of Dzires in Ola, Uber running CNG are proof of reliability/popularity I guess

Last edited:

Top Bottom