Nippon NCS-509/1109 Setup Question

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

My name's Abhishek and I am a newbie member here. Although I've been reading up from TAI for over 3 months now but signed up just today.

With tremendous help from reviews and experiences posted here, I recently bought an Alto K10 in Fire Brick Red color as my first car [:D] (delivered on Feb 18th 2017). Thanks to TAI, my PDI was spot-on and the overall delivery experience was pleasant if not perfect.

As part of the accessories, I've got the Nippon Security System (NCS-509/1109) installed, but have some questions on its operation.
Could you please help me understand if I've got the correct setup?
I've explained my case in an before/after format as follows:

Before:
- During delivery, my car came fitted with sensors only on the 2 front doors. So as long as these 2 doors were secured, the remote "lock" function worked by engaging all the 4 door locks regardless of whether the rear doors are fully closed or not.

After:
- A trusted friend pointed out the missing sensors and on my escalation, the dealership executive personally drove down to my place and had 3 more sensors installed. 2 went on each of the rear doors and 1 went on the trunk. Now the remote "lock" function works only when all 4 doors are securely closed not including the trunk.

Thanks in advance [:)]

Now the remote "lock" function works only when all 4 doors are securely closed not including the trunk.
You mean to say the remote lock works irrespective of the boot is closed or not? (and when all 4 doors were properly closed)
If so, boot side switch is malfunctioning or the wiring isn't proper.

Thread Starter #4
You mean to say the remote lock works irrespective of the boot is closed or not? (and when all 4 doors were properly closed)
If so, boot side switch is malfunctioning or the wiring isn't proper.
Thanks for responding, yes sir, the remote lock shuts the 4 doors irrespective of whether the boot is closed or not. On asking the Nippon technician who came to do the fittings, he said the boot doesn't have a motor connection like the other 4 doors. So the boot is enabled only for starting an alarm when opened once the car was remotely locked (lock boot manually -> lock car remotely -> open boot with key) but not checked for open/close during remote locking.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I just checked on my K10 which also fitted with Nippon security system.

The remote lock do not work if the trunk door is in open condition (even when all 4 doors were properly closed).

So it seems something wrong with the setting in your car which the Nippon service guy can do it. (after taking delivery of my car, I found that the auto locking of all doors once the speed crosses above 20 was not working hence I took the car to the service center where the Nippon service guy did some setting on the switch provided on the dashboard and then it worked fine)

See the security setting switch (left one) given in this Screen shot:

Thread Starter #9
I just checked on my K10 which also fitted with Nippon security system.

The remote lock do not work if the trunk door is in open condition (even when all 4 doors were properly closed).

So it seems something wrong with the setting in your car which the Nippon service guy can do it. (after taking delivery of my car, I found that the auto locking of all doors once the speed crosses above 20 was not working hence I took the car to the service center where the Nippon service guy did some setting on the switch provided on the dashboard and then it worked fine)

See the security setting switch (left one) given in this Screen shot:
Thanks Nair sir, that was very helpful!
I too couldn't understand that behavior in my car. Although, the technician said the trunk doesn't have a motor, that should not stop the trunk sensor from telling the main module that "trunk is open" so remote lock shouldn't work in that case. A motor would be required only for closing/opening the locks automatically like on the other 4 doors. So you have the correct setup in your car and same is missing in mine.
I will get this checked during my first free service.

Meanwhile, your detailed K10 thread helped me a great deal in finalizing my choice. So thanks so much for putting in your time and efforts on that thread [clap]

Thread Starter #11
Do you mean that they didnt fix the Security setting switch on your car??[surprise]
No no, they have provided the security switch but not on the switch board like yours but somewhere hidden within the steering console. My switch board is already full with reverse siren switch, fog lamp and headlight adjuster, so we had no space for security switch.

Top Bottom