Renault Duster: Electronic Fault or Diesel Pre-Heating Warning Light Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone ,

Looking to buy a Renault duster and came across a used 2013 Renault Duster Rxz 110(Diesel) that has done around 45000 KM . The vehicle looks good and drives good except that there is a warning light that is ON all the time on the dash . when checking the owners manual its says "Electronic Fault or Diesel Pre heating Warning light" (attached image for reference) .

The dealer says that is not an issue and will get it fixed at the service center , but on doing more research on the internet i found out that there has been this issue with few Dusters in India & UK .

Is it advisable to go ahead with the purchase ? Please advise .

Below are few extracts from my online research :

1)complaint from owner ----> Hello Renault

I purchased renault duster on 29 nov 2013, in early days car works perfectly.
But in late february it showed some problem by flashing warning lights which were
1) Electronic Fault or diesel preheating warning light.
2) Stop Light
3) toxic fume filter system warning light
these above lights should turn off soon after ignition, so i made contact with Renault customer care, they advise me not drive my car and towed it to nearest dealer which is KARAN ASHOK Haldwani.
After that the dealer informed me that the problem is flashing on their end they made 100kms test run also and car worked fine so i took my car in custody

But now again same problem arises on 15 june 2014 and my car towed again to same dealer with help RSA.

Kindly see into this case as if a car which is new and only 10468 kms driven and it showing same problem again and again it shows a bad name on renault india and not expected from a big car manufacturing firm. Because due to all this its only customer who is facing problems and humiliation as i got stuck for the second on road and it cost me alot.
It is a kind request please see into this case or change my product.

2)another owner --- > Hi,
Today while driving my 110 Duster I got initially Electronic Fault or Diesel Pre heating Warning light, subsequently this warning light disappeared and a steady Toxic fume filter system Wx light came ON. I connected my OBDII tool and it diagnosed the fault as P160C-Power Train Sensor. Then after disconnecting the OBD II tool the fault also disappeared. Can some one explain the effect of P160C fault.

3)another owner from UK ------> At 22,000 and a years worth of hassle free driving I had my first issue, driving along fine then suddenly two warning lights came on when I was driving along normally, the lights were the glow plus/electrical warning light and the Toxic Fumes warning light.
A quick call to the garage and got it booked in for the 24,000 mile service a couple of thousand miles early and a check on the problem. Car came back with a wonderful £160 24,000 mile major service bill (very happy with that) and a message from the mechanics saying they couldn't find anything wrong with diagnostics so they just reset things and test drove all seemed to be OK.
However driving home bing they both came back on again, back the car goes.
They order a new boost switch ?
That is fitted and car goes for 5 days fine and then bing back the lights come, all this time the car is driving fine even with the lights on !
Now car is booked in for 3 days to have a full technical check, will keep you posted!
Anyone else had any issues like this?

4)similar complaint from another UK owner ---> am experiencing the same problems at 20,000 miles. My exhaust gas warning light and engine stop warning light came on. They have been reset numerous times before a boost pressure sensor was changed with the same fault coming back. A software update has been installed and now I have exhaust gas and glow plug warning lights on. My dealer has ordered a new turbo. Did you get your problem solved and can you give any advise on the cause thanks.

Any valuable input would be appreciated before i make the purchase . Thanks.

Attachments

Re: Renault Duster - Electronic Fault or Diesel Pre heating Warning light issue

why do you want to purchase a car with a issue know to you? Even if you buy the car, it will haunt you in your ownership. Better asked the dealer to fix it and then buy if you are satisfied. Check out for other dusters.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Renault Duster - Electronic Fault or Diesel Pre heating Warning light issue

why do you want to purchase a car with a issue know to you? Even if you buy the car, it will haunt you in your ownership. Better asked the dealer to fix it and then buy if you are satisfied. Check out for other dusters.
Thanks Pravin , im checking other dusters too , was just wondering if anyone of you could throw some light on this specific issue i had mentioned .

it could be a glow plug issue, a simple wiring or a failed sensor anything it can be, take the car to the renault showroom and ask them to do a check and check the service history too as most delears tamper odo's.

Top Bottom