Mahindra Xylo: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hello members,
I am starting this thread as I am unable to find any specific or relevant information regarding the engine and maintainence issues for Mahindra Xylo E-series models.

I am using the Xylo E4 since 2009, 1 Lac 46 thousand km run till date. No problem till date. In fact when compared to my swift 2008 Vdi ( which I sold last year) my Xylo needed a lot less expenses. I have just changed the tyres and clutch at 80k, the fluids and filters at regular intervals and the battery at 60k. Everything including the suspension is untouched.

Lately since last two months I am facing problems with cold start in the cold early mornings, and a drastic loss in power, especially when going uphills. The OBD light comes on when the ignition is switched on but goes off when the engine is started. No black, white or blue smoke from the exhaust, no heating problems, AC cooling perfectly.

If anybody can guess, what exactly is must be the issue, please do let me know. I cannot find anything valuable on the net and don't trust the MASS guys.

Regards.

....... The OBD light comes on when the ignition is switched on but goes off when the engine is started.
This is normal, the light must not remain on after engine is started.

Just when does your car behaves normal, I see that you said during cold start you face this issue.

Hello members,
I am starting this thread as I am unable to find any specific or relevant information regarding the engine and maintainence issues for Mahindra Xylo E-series models.

I am using the Xylo E4 since 2009, 1 Lac 46 thousand km run till date. No problem till date. In fact when compared to my swift 2008 Vdi ( which I sold last year) my Xylo needed a lot less expenses. I have just changed the tyres and clutch at 80k, the fluids and filters at regular intervals and the battery at 60k. Everything including the suspension is untouched.

Lately since last two months I am facing problems with cold start in the cold early mornings, and a drastic loss in power, especially when going uphills. The OBD light comes on when the ignition is switched on but goes off when the engine is started. No black, white or blue smoke from the exhaust, no heating problems, AC cooling perfectly.

If anybody can guess, what exactly is must be the issue, please do let me know. I cannot find anything valuable on the net and don't trust the MASS guys.

Regards.
The injectors are clogged. Blame the sediments that comes with the diesel. The injectors gets clogged when the car is switched off and during cold starts it takes numerous attempts to start or when you are on the move, jerky throttle till optimum engine temprature is attained. when you are taking a slope, when you blip the throttle power is not delivered instantly. above 1l kms injector cleaning and reclaibration i mandatory for every 40k kms. i am practicing this on my safari(2.4l kms done) even though TASS doesn't recommended it. injector cleaing and reclibration can be done at bosch or any independent garages.

Pravin 1987 is probably right. Injector cleaning/servicing/replacing nozzles after your massive odo reading (1,46000) is essential. You will not necessarily get the tell-tale clues from exhaust smoke colour because your associated equipment (fuel rail pr., air filter, cyl. compression parameters) may be within normal limits. Also get the high pr. fuel p/p delivery line pressure checked, to confirm that the rail pr. is built upto the set point (1600-1800 bar, I'm not sure)

Top Bottom