Hyundai Santro Zip Drive Wierd Sound

Thread Starter #1
from the beginning only .. there was a kind of racing type of sound that starts to kick in after like 40kmph..(like vouhhhhhh) kind of hollow sound.in city drive .,. its bearable
but when it comes to highways.. the long cruising ride makes everyone uncomfortable inside the car due to the sound..which keeps on increasing higher above 90-100kmph..
i suspect that the first owner may have modded the sound to that way..
many of car owners would love that sound. but for me its annoying( btw i am the third owner of the vehicle and its nearly 13 years old.. but not much used vehicle. and still in nice condition)
please let me know from where is it modded and how can i remove it

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: santro zip drive wierd sound

from the beginning only .. there was a kind of racing type of sound that starts to kick in after like 40kmph..(like vouhhhhhh) kind of hollow sound.in city drive .,. its bearable
but when it comes to highways.. the long cruising ride makes everyone uncomfortable inside the car due to the sound..which keeps on increasing higher above 90-100kmph..
i suspect that the first owner may have modded the sound to that way..
many of car owners would love that sound. but for me its annoying( btw i am the third owner of the vehicle and its nearly 13 years old.. but not much used vehicle. and still in nice condition)
please let me know from where is it modded and how can i remove it
If you can post a pic/video of your car's exhaust that would be of help for us to suggest you the correct way to handle/repair the issue. I guess, the exhaust of your car has some issue. Get it checked/replaced from a ASC.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

If you can post a pic/video of your car's exhaust that would be of help for us to suggest you the correct way to handle/repair the issue. I guess, the exhaust of your car has some issue. Get it checked/replaced from a ASC.

Regards

Akash
i will mention a youtube link ..it was recorded earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMw2wFce5-I
(note: at @14 seconds.. note the sound kicks in... and around @22 seconds i left the accelerator and its coming down)
i don't know about the exhaust .. but i told them about the sound .. they told nothing is wrong
sometimes i wonder that it can be the default sound of all the 2002 model santro..

Akash1886

Honoured Member

i will mention a youtube link ..it was recorded earlier.

(note: at @14 seconds.. note the sound kicks in... and around @22 seconds i left the accelerator and its coming down)
i don't know about the exhaust .. but i told them about the sound .. they told nothing is wrong
sometimes i wonder that it can be the default sound of all the 2002 model santro..
It can be possible that there could be a minor leak/hole in the exhaust pipe which often increases the sound of the car while in drive. Get it checked from ASC buddy.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

It can be possible that there could be a minor leak/hole in the exhaust pipe which often increases the sound of the car while in drive. Get it checked from ASC buddy.

Regards

Akash
thanks for the reply..
i have already told the same issue to asc guys,.. but they tell that everything is fine.. there isn't any problem with either intake or exhaust .
are you sure that it is the sound of the exhaust ?
or can it be some device or a mechanical material which forces this sound ..?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

are you sure that it is the sound of the exhaust ?
or can it be some device or a mechanical material which forces this sound ..?
From the video above I can only guess that the sound is from Exhaust. Would suggest you to take an ASC SA for TD in your car and then let him judge the real cause of it buddy.

Regards

Akash

thanks
yeah i think you are right..
even i suspected that.. but i don't have much knowledge about it..
so any local shop guy can identify that i guess ?
Yes any local garage guy can help you in this. Don't fall prey to his tricks, as he may suggest that the muffler is bad and needs replacement as I understand that the sound only comes past some speed an not at idle.

Thread Starter #10
Yes any local garage guy can help you in this. Don't fall prey to his tricks, as he may suggest that the muffler is bad and needs replacement as I understand that the sound only comes past some speed an not at idle.
yeah.. that sound kicks in after like 3-40 kmph.. and at around 80-90kmph it gets really really annoying and we cant even hear the sound system playing..
so i just wanted to remove the muffler.. so do i have to remove it or replace it with the oem part ?

yeah.. that sound kicks in after like 3-40 kmph.. and at around 80-90kmph it gets really really annoying and we cant even hear the sound system playing..
so i just wanted to remove the muffler.. so do i have to remove it or replace it with the oem part ?
I dont know how is it installed on your silencer. Is it piggy backing your OEM muffler or working standalone. If it is the former, then just remove it, but if latter, then buy an OEM one.

Top Bottom