Maruti Versa: Ticking Noise at Idle. Expert Advice Required

Thread Starter #1
I own a Maruti versa 2003 model, since a month I am getting ticking noise when car is at idle, rpm needle jumps when ticking noise is heard, mechanics advised to change sparkplugs, but I still face the issue.

other issue is while driving after engaging each gear car shudders while picking up, we recently change clutch plate and pressure plate, since we drive car sparingly, mechanic advised stp injector cleaner but no improvement

please find the youtube video https://youtu.be/DAIoCodLN2o hear carefully around 1 minute you could hear lots of ticking sound I switched ac around 50 sec

Hi,
Regarding the injector cleaner I am not sure if you have used the liquid cleaner which is an additive with petrol. I did the same and it didn't actually help me. I had a similar issue and I don't even drive 500kms per month these days.
I would suggest you to get the injector cleaned by the professionals who do it with the injector cleaning machine. They thoroughly clean your spark plug as well.
As for the shuddering, I changed the engine mounts (all 4 of them) and it helped me to a large extent. you can get your engine mounts checked to see if they are worn out. Also, in my car a screw was loose under the engine. once the mechanic got beneath the engine and fit it tight, 99% of the shuddering got fixed.
Hope you find this information helpful.

Top Bottom