Fiat Palio Clutch-Paddle Became Free Suddenly: Cause & Resolution Requested

Thread Starter #1
Fiat Palio: Clutch-paddle became free suddenly – Cause & Resolution REQUESTED

After a long rest of 15 days to my car, when I started to move as normal, all of a sudden I found that the cluch-paddle is absolutely free as if it is connected to nothing! Engine, Fan, A.C., lightings everything works normal but unable to move even an mm! Naturarly, without clutching and shifting the gears, motion trtansfer to the machine is not possible.
The car is Fiat Palio 1.2 nv Dec.2004.
To assess an issue, primerily I looked around and beneath the bottom. I have not found any tube being cracked. I found some liquid absorbed on the ground which would have been dropped from the machine during the 15 days rest span. However there is no very clear symptomps of dripping the liquid but may assume from the dampness around.
I opened the Brake-fluid reservoir and to my surpise, it was almost found empty! This is a cause for me to believe that there may be something wrong on the fluid path up to the clutch – a Slave Cylinder. I found wetness/dampness around the S.C.
I filled the Brake-fluid reservoir and leave it for half an hour to chech the leakages but practically I could not find any liquid around the S.C. When i pressed the Fork controlled shaft side of the S.C., it could be easily pressed by a fingure. It was very free, no tension appears as normal it should be.
Secondly, the Brake-paddle of the car is as hard as normal.
So from this I assume at this stage that the Slave Cylinder is the main culprit and I should replace it.
Friends, I seek your valuable advice, guidance and procedural detail to address the issue. DIY is my hobby.
Awaiting your quick response.
Navin Talati/08-11-2016

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

Top Bottom