Torque Wrenches

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends ,most vital parts like the wheel bolts,caliper bolts ,spark plugs are recommended to be torqued to right specification as per the manual.How many of you use a torque wrench every time you do a DIY job ?Kindly recommend if you have used or know about which type to acquire for DIY jobs .

I regularly use them, without torque wrenches I will never venture into any work. 10 to 65NM and 65 to 135NM torque wrenches costs about 3000 and 6000 each, you can get at journalist colony road, J.C road in Bangalore.

-suryaputhra

Car service manual prescribes correct torque required for various jobs. I will post some examples soon, if you follow service manual recommended torque specifications you car will be same as factory assembled.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #4
Hi Suryaputhra,its for the same reason that I saw the manual specifications that I realised I wasn't doing things right way.Just tightening bolts till we can no longer turn the wrench was the approach but later when I watched a few videos why torque specifics should be followed strictly I thought it could be dangerous if I wouldn't follow even after knowing the right way.Seldom or never have I seen a mechanic on road side or even in the ASC use a torque wrench ! Surprisingly a glaring omission on their part too .

Hi Suryaputhra,its for the same reason that I saw the manual specifications that I realised I wasn't doing things right way.Just tightening bolts till we can no longer turn the wrench was the approach but later when I watched a few videos why torque specifics should be followed strictly I thought it could be dangerous if I wouldn't follow even after knowing the right way.Seldom or never have I seen a mechanic on road side or even in the ASC use a torque wrench ! Surprisingly a glaring omission on their part too .
Which cars's service manual do you have.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #6
I am trying to procure service manual of M 800 but some.torque specs are given even in owners manual.

I had approached essar automobiles in jaynagar but they refused to sell it to me when I said its for personal use [anger].Wonder why they are troubled to sell manuals to private owners

I had approached essar automobiles in jaynagar but they refused to sell it to me when I said its for personal use [anger].Wonder why they are troubled to sell manuals to private owners
I have purchased many service manuals from essar right from zen to old swift, new swift dzire and baleno, go to sidaiya road branch with part number and pay full amount in advance they will book it and you will get in two weeks.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom