Maruti Alto K10 Vibrating Over 60 Kmph

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

I could not find an answer for the issue that I'm experiencing with my brand new K10 VXI. It vibrates or jumps when rev'd above 60Kmph. The vvibration is felt all over the car. Took it to the ASC yesterday and they checked the wheel balancing. The issue then seemed to be fixed but it started vibrating again today morning. The tyre pressure is maintained at 35psi overall.

It's just clocked 300kms and less than a week old. Much worried what could be the reason for the issue.

Due to holidays I could not service it immediately. It would be much appreciated if anyone throw some light on this.

Thank you

Re: Alto K10 Vibrating over 60kmph.

Hello all,

I could not find an answer for the issue that I'm experiencing with my brand new K10 VXI. It vibrates or jumps when rev'd above 60Kmph. The vvibration is felt all over the car. Took it to the ASC yesterday and they checked the wheel balancing. The issue then seemed to be fixed but it started vibrating again today morning. The tyre pressure is maintained at 35psi overall.

It's just clocked 300kms and less than a week old. Much worried what could be the reason for the issue.

Due to holidays I could not service it immediately. It would be much appreciated if anyone throw some light on this.

Thank you
Hello samthemusicmad, Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com

This seems to be a peculiar issue and I certainly feel it's got nothing to do with the tire pressure, have the issue fixed with the service center itself and simultaneously sending mail to Maruti making aware of the issue you face.

Race the engine up to 2000 rpm in neutral check for vibration, in neutral no vibration then we need to check many other things.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #5
Race the engine up to 2000 rpm in neutral check for vibration, in neutral no vibration then we need to check many other things.

-suryaputhra
Thank you. I checked it as per your advice and I felt no vibration after revving above 2000 rpm. I also tried engaging the clutch when the car is above 60 kmph and I still felt the jumping/vibration. The vibration happens only between 60-80 kmph. Don't understand what could be the issue.

35 psi is high value for alto, it will jump if the road is slight bumpy. check tyres for uneveness and recheck alignment/balancing
ASC set 35psi and they said it is the recommended pressure as it is mentioned in the door sticker. I will try to visit any alignment shop tomorrow to check if i can crack it down. thank you.

Few things that you can check. These are the easy ones
-Wheel balancing. A few weights may have come off and this may cause wobbling at certain speeds. In my experience with ASC (Maruti, Ford, Hyundai) is that they dont do wheel balancing well. You need o check it at a third party place. Also check the report to see if all the four wheels are balanced.
- Incorrect tyre pressure can also lead to this issue.

The hard ones.
- Problem with tie rod. If you have gone over a hump or ditch at high speed, there could potentially be issues with the tie rods
-Wheel Bearing. This is a rare case. But I faced a issue when there was a lot of wobbling and I had to change the wheel bearing

The "are you kiddin me!" options
-Suspension bushings. These can also cause wobbling. These is a rare scenario and worn suspension bushing has a separate set of problems.

Last edited:
35 psi for a alto?Are you sure. I have a global fiesta and recommended psi is 32 for front and 35 for rear that too if carrying loads otherwise its 32 for all four. Please check the recommended tyre pressure again.

Even I am having Toyota liva and the recommended tyre pressure is 32 for all tyres with full load.

But, in your case I don't think only tyre pressure is the issue. Earlier I owned Maruti A star and the car as well as the steering use to vibrate a lot but as soon as it reaches 120km/hr. I was naive at that point of time and thought maybe the car was not supposed to be accelerated above 120km/hr. So, I never revved my car above 120km/hr for the 5 years that I used my car[:D]

Few things that you can check. These are the easy ones
-Wheel balancing. A few weights may have come off and this may cause wobbling at certain speeds. In my experience with ASC (Maruti, Ford, Hyundai) is that they dont do wheel balancing well. You need o check it at a third party place. Also check the report to see if all the four wheels are balanced.
- Incorrect tyre pressure can also lead to this issue.

The hard ones.
- Problem with tie rod. If you have gone over a hump or ditch at high speed, there could potentially be issues with the tie rods
-Wheel Bearing. This is a rare case. But I faced a issue when there was a lot of wobbling and I had to change the wheel bearing

The "are you kiddin me!" options
-Suspension bushings. These can also cause wobbling. These is a rare scenario and worn suspension bushing has a separate set of problems.
Kindly check the engine mounting on the chasis also.That can also cause vibrations.Another aspect is to look for loose nuts and silencer mounting.

I hope you were able to find out about the cause for the vibrations? Did you get a chance to see car for pre registration PDI?Was there any suspicious behavior when the car presented to you by your dealer?sometimes Car can get bumped or knocked around during transport and unloading from trailers causing misalignment or damage to suspensions which can translate to vibrations at higher speeds .Take your service manager for a ride and show him the vibrations .300 kms and vibrations is not to be lightly taken ! Get any suspensions parts changed under warranty as it's new car still.Also please let us know if u changed tires ?

kkn13

Suspended
35 psi for an Alto???
I use 30 in the front and 28 in rear tyres in my Honda City 2010
Even my Ritz used to be around the same
I dont think my dads CRV also used that high (32psi was best)
In fact I dont think any manufacturer recommends above 32-34 (few exceptions in some SUVs and larger Sedans but certainly not Alto)
28-30 is ideal for most cars imho

EDIT- Apparently many threads online say 35psi for Alto [surprise]
This is totally wrong imho, shouldnt be so much at all unless the tyres and suspension are soo drastically different from other cars

Last edited:
Hello all,

Thank you
Did the MASS check ECU for any error codes?

Try changing gears at high RPM and check if the problem still persist. It may be possible that the speed is low for 5th gear.

Hi, as a matter of fact the door sticker on my Wagon R Stingray says 36 psi for all four wheels however I always fill up 35psi whenever I do.

Maybe most if not all Maruti hatchbacks, atleast the small ones get as 35-36psi recommended pressure.

Suspecting tyre problem. My old ritz which was brand new then had the stock JK tyres and the car used to wobble at speeds over 80kph exactly like yours. On tyre change after 75kms bridgestones never gave me this problem.So no matter how much you get the balancing done the problem will not go away if it is caused by the tyre.

Top Bottom