Chevrolet Spark Coolant Flush?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All, I own a 2007 chevrolet spark and planning to do a coolant replacement myself.
It was replaced around 4 years ago by the service center, and now that there is some kind of dirt in the coolant tank and it is nearing its replacing interval, thinking to do a thorough flush by using radiator flush and distilled water.

GM recommends using ethylene glycol based long life coolant and the last time it was replaced by the service center with Total brand ELF coolant(ready to use/orange color). This orange color coolant seems to be unavailable now(from various brands) and the shops I visited suggesting to use red one instead. Some also said that the coolant used was red but overtime it faded and turned into orange due to rust [lol]

I have a few questions..

1. Can I use red coolant instead of orange ?
2. Where is the radiator drain plug located in chevy spark ? I did have a look at the radiator below but could not see any plug/petcock, do I need to remove the bumper to find it ? The service manual does not mention it.
3. Can anyone suggest coolant shops in hyderabad which sells orange coolant(preferably ready to use).

any suggestions in this direction would be of great help in doing this DIY..
Thanks in advance!![:)]

Thread Starter #2
No replies yet..[confused]
Guess I need to take my vehicle to a garage and get it changed..
by the way can someone atleast provide details of the orange coolant brands/dealers in Hyderabad please..

Thanks..

bhvm

Honoured Member
Color of Coolant does not matter as long as Ingredients/ Ratio is right.
I have been using green coolant concentrate. You can make few Litres from 1L of Concentrate.

Its better to visit SVC for swap if you are feeling confused.

Top Bottom