Maruti Swift Dzire Faulty Ignition Coil or Spark Plug?

Thread Starter #1
Dear all,

This is my first post in this forum. So if i am writing this query in wrong section, i request mods to move/correct the place.

My query is related to one of my recent problem which i am facing with my swift dzire. Since last few days i am observing some vibration while idling , and bit of hesitation in acceleration as well. But once it crosses 2k rpm , everything thing works fine.

My car is also equipped with cng. I suspect the issue could be due to faulty spark plug or ignition coil.

@ experts, kindly help me in identifying the issue so that i can save myself from big rip off.. :)
Thanks in advance.
Soyab

Re: Faulty ignition coil or spark plug? - swift dzire petrol

if the engine takes extra time to fire start during start up, it's a sign of spark plug. Lag in low gears at low rpms point out to spark plug, air filter or even injectors. How many kms covered? if you haven't cleaned injectors, get a cleaning and reclaibration done.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks for your reply praveen1987. The car has around 58k on odo. Car doesn't have any issues in getting started. Its just little hiccup felt which accelerating between 25-50 kmph. Also sometimes little jerk is felt i take off my foot from gas padel.
I asked the guy whi did the tuning for CNG and he said it would be spark plugs. Then i called up my mechanic and he said it could be due to spark pulg or ignition coil.
I am not sure if this should be addressed immediately or i can wait until next service.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Soyab

@Soyab_memon, There is no ignition coil in dzire its is called igniters the will sit on spark plugs. Your problem is not related to spark plugs, could be with ignition timing and with IAT sensor. Chances of oxygen sensors too. Pls do OBD scanning.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #5

Dear suryaputhra,
Thanks for your reply. Due to CNG fitment, my car's check engine light is always on. In this case OBD scanning will help ?.
Also in worst case, how much could be the repair cost. I am bit worried now. Is that any harm to engine if i drive like this for another 3-4k kilometers?
Thanks,
Soyab

OBD scanning will surely help there are 100 plus codes related to different categories in the cars. I have got G13B and K12MN service manuals, if you post error codes I can dig in. This type sensitive problems can be solved by getting the info from error codes. What is your car manufacturing year and variant. You can upload video.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #7

Thanks alot once again for information. Mine is swift dzire zxi 2010 model. 1.3 liter k series engine. I will search for someone who can do the scanning for me. Then i will give you codes. I dont want to go to authorized service center until i know the issue. They will rip me off...[cry].
Is there any particular reason you said this issue is not related to spark plugs?
Thanks in advance

Try running an OBD scanner. And do share the error codes, will be able to help with the decoding and possible remedy.
Also, is the MIL on in your car?

Regards
Ash.

Thread Starter #9
Hi cartics...
I will try get OBD scan done tomorrow. Yes, MIL is always on in my car due to CNG fitment. I also got it checked with CNG mechanic and he said the light will be there if no sequential kit is installed as k series engine is full of sensors. He also said there is no issue in engine other than spark plugs.
Not sure whether its true or false.
The car performance is good at high rpm as well. Goes upto 120 kmph without any problems in cng mode. The cng kit lendi renzo open loop. Car mileage is also good -around 14 in petrol in city highway mix with 100% ac on. In cng its giving around 20.
Its only the rough idling and bit of jerk btweek 1500 to 2000 rpm. This feeling is same in petrol and in cng
Thanks.

Thanks alot once again for information. Mine is swift dzire zxi 2010 model. 1.3 liter k series engine. I will search for someone who can do the scanning for me. Then i will give you codes. I dont want to go to authorized service center until i know the issue. They will rip me off...[cry].
Is there any particular reason you said this issue is not related to spark plugs?
Thanks in advance
2010 1.3 ltr uses G13B it is not K series engine. K series engines started in 2012, at the end of the year they launched k series with vvt. Your engine is not k series it is regular mpfi engine. If spark plug problem then the trouble always there at any rpm.

-suryaputra

Thread Starter #11

2010 1.3 ltr uses G13B it is not K series engine. K series engines started in 2012, at the end of the year they launched k series with vvt. Your engine is not k series it is regular mpfi engine. If spark plug problem then the trouble always there at any rpm.

-suryaputra
Okay.. got your point... I will get scanning done and will share the codes.
Thanks,
Soyab

Thread Starter #12

-suryaputra
Dear suryaputhra,
I just checked the registration card of my car. In that engine number starts with K12MN. So this must be a k series engine correct?
Thanks,
Soyab

Thread Starter #14
@Soyab_memon

1. K12MN without VVT April 2010 on wards
2. K12MN type 1 with VVT May 2011 on wards
3. K12MN type 2 with VVT Augl 2013 on wards
4. K12MN type 3 with VVT Feb 2015 on wards

-suryaputhra
Suryaputhra,
That's awesome information. Seems you have all the service manual with you. Do you have anu soft copy of the above parts catalog?... It would be very helpful in knowing the vehicle.
From where we can get this parts catalog? I had purchased my car second hand so i didn't get any such manual or catalog.
Thanks,
Soyab

Suryaputhra,
That's awesome information. Seems you have all the service manual with you. Do you have anu soft copy of the above parts catalog?... It would be very helpful in knowing the vehicle.
From where we can get this parts catalog? I had purchased my car second hand so i didn't get any such manual or catalog.
Thanks,
Soyab
Soft copies not available. I can give you part nos, you can buy from MSIL distributor for spares, if no stock you can give advance to them and order the books.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom