Excess Heat on Honda Amaze Bonnet

Thread Starter #1
Sirs, I bought a new Honda Amaze, Petro version few days back. Bonnet is becoming excessive hot if idling is given for 5 or 10 minutes and goes on increasing. Does anyone's car of the same model has the same excessive heat which is hard to touch.

Re: Excess Heat on the bonnet

Pls consult your HASS let them check engine coolant temperature using obd scanner, if it is with in the limits need not worry. Present generation mpfi cars runs 5 degrees hotter that old generation mpfi cars. Anyway check with your HASS.

-suryaputhra

Re: Excess Heat on the bonnet

Sirs, I bought a new Honda Amaze, Petro version few days back. Bonnet is becoming excessive hot if idling is given for 5 or 10 minutes and goes on increasing. Does anyone's car of the same model has the same excessive heat which is hard to touch.
This is just for academic interest, what prompts you to keep the car idling for 5 or 10!!! minutes? So much fuel wastage.

Thread Starter #4
This is just for academic interest, what prompts you to keep the car idling for 5 or 10!!! minutes? So much fuel wastage.
I took delivery of Amaze and came home. I went to temple for pooja which normally most of us perform when buying a new one, whatever may be. The car was given idle run till the camphor went off. I found the bonnet was heated up more. I did a test drive coverin about 2.5Kms and the bonnet heat was very much less comparing to idle run.

Petrol version is having shield only on the half side above the engine leaving other half naked to heat radiation of the engine

Thanks. .. I am planning to take my car to HASS.

Thread Starter #5
Modification of engine bay for My Amaze.

The Honda Amaze Petrol version is having shield under the bonnet only at right half above engine leaving left half naked to engine's heat radiation resulting in excessive heat on the bonnet. Can we attach shield to the full portion under the bonnet to reduce the heat radiation effect on the naked bonnet without affecting the warranty from the Manufacturer?.

deville_56

Honoured Member
In idle, there is no air flow through radiator, simple.
The Honda Amaze Petrol version is having shield under the bonnet only at right half above engine leaving left half naked to engine's heat radiation resulting in excessive heat on the bonnet. Can we attach shield to the full portion under the bonnet to reduce the heat radiation effect on the naked bonnet without affecting the warranty from the Manufacturer?.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/13760-honda-amaze-vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-23.html#post343358

I am also taking car heating issue. I took the seat covers fitted by the Honda showroom I face lot of heating issue in car it's like sitting in oven. My back pains even after 4 hours

Top Bottom