Maruti Esteem Front Left Apron Crack

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys

As you people know i own a 2002 maruti esteem. which i had purchased 3 years back, while driving last week, i heard a snap from the front like a stone hitting the under body,
i ignored it, after say a day or two while driving at a constant 50 kph my car suddenly veered off to the left, i somehow controlled the car. And avoided an accident i was so shocked, later i drove the car, slowly and reaching home i removed the front left wheel and was shocked to see the front left apron had developed a crack... My Question is now
since the vehicle will be completing 15 yrs this December, what should i do,
1- should i weld it
2- should i sell it i doubt if anbody will buy it
3- replacing the front left apron will be expensive... which i do not want to do
4-scrap the car
5- Members please advise what is the best solution.....

Attaching the pictures for your refrence

[confused]

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
I would suggest apron Replacement. Have you gotten a quote how much is it?

You may try welding but Im not sure of that can take beating of Indian Roads. Do not sell the car to unsuspecting customer(unless repaired) It could cause an accident.

Since the vehicle is old and it would have given you the best of returns, there is no worry in investing in a new apron. Everything else works fine. Right? Even if you intend to sell it off, kindly replace and sell.

Thread Starter #4
The front left Apron had been welded with additional supports, and later I Sold the Esteem, and Informed the buyer about the issue....

You may try welding but Im not sure of that can take beating of Indian Roads.
If appropriate welding is chosen with a proper surface preparation, weld strength will be higher then the base metal strength. But I doubt will people take such caution before welding. Again, the current condition of base metal should be worth doing it.

The front left Apron had been welded with additional supports, and later I Sold the Esteem, and Informed the buyer about the issue....
Good that machine is sold with proper treatment. Do you mind revealing the deal?

Top Bottom