Car Shuddering in First and Reverse Gears

Thread Starter #1
Been a long time I have been in TAI, due to work... [cry]

Need advice - My Figo D is shuddering on 1st gear and reverse, while releasing the clutch. Not to suspect the clutch as it was replaced about 10-15K KMs earlier. I thought of tyres, which was also replaced couple of weeks ago. Checked with FASS and he is suggesting to release the clutch slowly, which anyone would know... I have been running this car for nearly 90K! [;)]

What can be the issue?

I guess its clutch assembly again !!

Try bleeding the clutch once, though it might not solve the issue. But this is the first step and which doesn't cost much..

If you have replaced the clutch recently, it could be the throwout bearing(I think it is also called clutch release bearing). Do you know if this was replaced when you replaced your clutch?

Other reason could be that you have hot spots on your flywheel. Either case, have your service center check it for you.

Been a long time I have been in TAI, due to work... [cry]

Need advice - My Figo D is shuddering on 1st gear and reverse, while releasing the clutch. Not to suspect the clutch as it was replaced about 10-15K KMs earlier. I thought of tyres, which was also replaced couple of weeks ago. Checked with FASS and he is suggesting to release the clutch slowly, which anyone would know... I have been running this car for nearly 90K! [;)]

What can be the issue?
Sounds like a bad clutch/damaged release bearing. Like others said, try bleeding clutch first.

If it's new, the flywheel and clutch may be contaminated with grease or oil. Also check the motor mounts.

Thread Starter #5
I guess its clutch assembly again !!

Try bleeding the clutch once, though it might not solve the issue. But this is the first step and which doesn't cost much..
Yes, bleeding is much easier to do. Will check it first.

Sounds like a bad clutch/damaged release bearing. Like others said, try bleeding clutch first.

If it's new, the flywheel and clutch may be contaminated with grease or oil. Also check the motor mounts.
Thanks. But just wondering, how can it be contaminated? [confused]

If you have replaced the clutch recently, it could be the throwout bearing(I think it is also called clutch release bearing). Do you know if this was replaced when you replaced your clutch?

Other reason could be that you have hot spots on your flywheel. Either case, have your service center check it for you.
Yes, release bearing was replaced too.

I too thought about the hot spots on flywheel. I read somewhere about burning it out by raising the RPM to 4K and release the clutch slowly while at 3rd gear. What you feel about it?

Thanks. But just wondering, how can it be contaminated? [confused]
-Oil leaking from a faulty rear main crankshaft seal or transmission input shaft seal also can contaminate the flywheel, clutch linings and cause the clutch to slip.

-black powder is dust from the friction material. (rare occurrences)

-During installation if flywheel is not cleaned properly.

Yes, release bearing was replaced too.

I too thought about the hot spots on flywheel. I read somewhere about burning it out by raising the RPM to 4K and release the clutch slowly while at 3rd gear. What you feel about it?
Its worth a try, but not sure shot fix. If it is indeed hotspots (wont know until you see the flywheel) best would be to get it resurfaced.

Top Bottom