New Hyundai Creta Clutch Break Down & Hyundai Failed Customer Support

Thread Starter #1
What makes us buy any brand? One thing, strong belief of best quality and service which comes with brand name. And why best quality and Service matters to all us? , Of course, to avoid frustration coming with bad quality and service providing brands. But, What if brand name you had believed in, doesn't meet you expectation.
Here, I have tried to explain problem I have come across and other related important points
1. Problem: CRETA broke down in middle of the road just after 3rd regular car servicing (Kothari Hyundai, PUNE) and I had to tow it to nearest servicing center.
2. Reason: Completely, Worn out clutch plates.
3. Answer from service center: Clutch plates can break down at any point and depends on you driving style and not possible to detect if it is worn out.
4. My question: Why it couldn't be detected during regular servicing? For those who does know there are videos available on YOUTUBE just to check clutch health. Already have shared video with Hyundai Service center. (Following up with service center since last 2 months)
5. Expectation from servicing: Find out all such kind of issues during servicing, so customer does not find them on road.
6. Expectation from Customer Service: Read your complaint and provide details, not just send automated email and do nothing.
7. Solution: Providing regular training to Mechanics and Service reps, so they don’t continue doing same old things and giving same old answers.

Thanks,
Ashok
Complaint No:1-528591814
Pune.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: New Hyundai CRETA Clutch Break Down and Hyundai Failed Customer support

Even i got the same reply that clutch plate doesn't have any warranty just after I got a new clutch plate fixed in my car from hass.

He said you may drive the car while the handbrake is engaged and it will totally burn the plates. Couldn't say anything else.

What makes us buy any brand? One thing, strong belief of best quality and service which comes with brand name. And why best quality and Service matters to all us? , Of course, to avoid frustration coming with bad quality and service providing brands. But, What if brand name you had believed in, doesn't meet you expectation.
Here, I have tried to explain problem I have come across and other related important points
1. Problem: CRETA broke down in middle of the road just after 3rd regular car servicing (Kothari Hyundai, PUNE) and I had to tow it to nearest servicing center.
2. Reason: Completely, Worn out clutch plates.
3. Answer from service center: Clutch plates can break down at any point and depends on you driving style and not possible to detect if it is worn out.
4. My question: Why it couldn't be detected during regular servicing? For those who does know there are videos available on YOUTUBE just to check clutch health. Already have shared video with Hyundai Service center. (Following up with service center since last 2 months)
5. Expectation from servicing: Find out all such kind of issues during servicing, so customer does not find them on road.
6. Expectation from Customer Service: Read your complaint and provide details, not just send automated email and do nothing.
7. Solution: Providing regular training to Mechanics and Service reps, so they don’t continue doing same old things and giving same old answers.

Thanks,
Ashok
Complaint No:1-528591814
Pune.
Faced exact same problem in friend's Creta right after 2nd service. No warranty honored and friend had to pay from pocket. Have heard several cases on verna too.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Faced exact same problem in friend's Creta right after 2nd service. No warranty honored and friend had to pay from pocket. Have heard several cases on verna too.
That is master slave cylinder failure I think.

Thread Starter #5
Guys,
is there any way to find out whether it is drivers fault or any other technical reason ?and teach these guys some lesson, so at least they improve their service.

Guys,
is there any way to find out whether it is drivers fault or any other technical reason ?and teach these guys some lesson, so at least they improve their service.
Unfotunately, No. You need to know the state of the plate on the day you bought the car for comparing - which obviously would not have been documented. Frankly I am surprised by Hyundai's deterioration in quality.

Generally, there is no warranty for clutch.
It is very hard to diagnose reason for failure as lot of factors are involved. Even holding clutch in traffics stop can cause certain amount of wear and tear.

Even though there is manufacturing defect, it will be blamed on driver since it is a general cause of failure.

Only this you can do is to be there in person when they install new clutch so that they won't charge you for a new one and install a old/used one.

Top Bottom