Help Needed: Hyundai Grand i10 Engine Overhaul at 13,000 Kms?

Thread Starter #1
On 29 Dec. I made first biggest purchase of my life, bought home a new Hyundai Grand i10 magna CNG variant. I had two pre worshiped cars earlier. They didn't gave me any trouble like this one.
Till 5000km car ran like a charm. But after this problems just started to occur and still continues..
First ever breakdown when I was returning to home after work. The engine just dies while cruising at 80 kmph, made a call to RSA crane towed car to near workshop which was Deep Hyundai, Mangolpuri. However It was late in night so I had to wait next morning to know exactly what went wrong. Next morning got a call from service executive that car is fine, fault was a loose plug of CNG intake due to which sensors don't allow to turn the engine ON. I also mentioned to executive to run a scan as rpm was fluctuating as car gets heat up. He did the same and found no code but cleaned throttle body mentioning some dust particles to be the reason.
Things were fine after that but rpm again starting to trouble. Till 11000 km the throttle body has been cleaned thrice.?? I know it is not normal at all. I don't drive in desert, I cover my car take extra care of it.
Now the major issue I was going to drop relatives reached Mukarba chowk by pass car started to jerk at fourth gear..and suddenly engine power dropped. Somehow I managed to park car alongside the road. Called rsa, mechanic came after 30 min. He tried to know reason but in vain. Again my car was being towed second time in just six months. As Himgiri Hyundai was nearest workshop. As it was 5 in morning so I returned home at around 11 I got a call from executive that car is running fine. I was stunned I asked have u drove it?? He mentioned I just started it, I explained him all the situation and then he asked me to wait for a while.
As usual I had to call again and again, in evening I am getting a reply that engine's back compression is not working. [shock]
He clarified that due to 14 August I had to wait till 16 for full cause.
Now I am hearing that they are making a video of this fault and sending it to hyundai for approval of conducting the job. Meanwhile I have denied them to open engine.
I will not accept a car which has just clocked 13000 km and nearly 6-7 months old and engine creating so much of trouble.
Please help what should I do?? Should I contact Hyundai India officials for replacement of engine?
Is anyone having mail Id or contact details of same.

Last edited:
Sorry to know about ur new car's issues.
Another grand i10 owner here on this forum chased up hyundai for Gearbox replacement under warranty. If you have not done any modifications you can email the right guys in hyundai and probably ask for new engine.

I know it sounds crazy for a layman, but as a customer that's the thing to do.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for guidance.
I have not done any modifications to my car. It has been three days car is lying in workshop. I am going to visit workshop today.

Can someone please help me with any contacts details or mail Ids of officials.

Thread Starter #4
I expected more replies.[surprise]
Right now Dealer is completely denying for full engine replacement. However, he offered me half engine block. I have written to Hyundai India. But yet no one has responded back.
On other hand Dealer is continuously asking either to get car repaired or take it back.
I have written about this to Hyundai twice. It has been four days car is lying in workshop as it is.

Top Bottom