The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Technical Zone (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/)
-   -   Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/26799-tata-tiago-technical-issues-solutions.html)

GautamJ 28th June 2017 11:23 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 541797)
what's the difference does the owners expereince ?

Quoting Owner's feedback

Quote:

Felt car is more smooth and relaxed to drive post replacing..let's see if it has positive impact on mileage.
- Amit Dusad
Quote:

Gear lever vibrations reduced. The odd sound coming out immediately after starting up and in second gear reduced. Those are the noticeable improvements for me.
- Nithin Kumar
Source

kasscon 29th June 2017 09:38 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdps999 (Post 541305)
Hello Tiago owners,

I am just on hold of decision buying Tiago XT. Had been reading many technical issues on this platform & other review sites also. Mainly:

Should I go ahead inspite of these. Won't it be a day to day running A.S.S.

Please advise

Answers to your questions:

1. Reverse gear sticking (Major problem in long term)
It is not a big/unresolved issue and one-time adjustment will do the fix permanentely

2. Sudden loss of power. Specially in bumper to bumper traffic stopping & moving.
Seen in a lot of cars, even in high-end cars as its a work of ECU (limp mode to protect from any damage if it detects strain/anything unusual) and I think the update is also provided by TML. I think you will not experience it in newer models

3. Frequent Harman music system getting offline Or require reset.
Update already done and even few tricks/solutions available on the forums by the owners

4. Rattling issues
Subjective, depends & not experienced by all, however, TATA is doing a good job in providing good ASS and taking service experience pretty seriously.

5. Many other niggles commonly mentioned.
More clarity required

You can go ahead with the purchase and TML is pretty proactive for updates and fixing any niggle faced by the owners[:)]

GautamJ 29th June 2017 11:23 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kasscon (Post 541957)
3. Frequent Harman music system getting offline Or require reset.
Update already done and even few tricks/solutions available on the forums by the owners

I have updated to 1.7 version, but 1.4 is the best without any issues. 1.7 has Bluetooth and HU restarting issue, but its very rare.

My suggestion will be to avoid 1.7, and be on 1.4 version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasscon (Post 541957)
4. Rattling issues
Subjective, depends & not experienced by all, however, TATA is doing a good job in providing good ASS and taking service experience pretty seriously.

As far the rattles go, suprisingly all my Tiago's rattles (driver side ac vent, A-pillars, left C-pillar) seems to be vanished.

allhyundaicars 1st July 2017 10:07 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
1 Attachment(s)
https://youtu.be/M4i0TInAuyM

Another issue [frustration]
Condensation outside the windshield. This has never happened before in any of my cars.

why is this happening ? It is really difficult to drive like this. Is this a defect ? I don't think it's normal since this has been happening everyday now a days. I also drive my santro , verna and elantra , no issues. [confused]

Using defogger setting with recirculation mode off.

Akash1886 1st July 2017 10:14 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542166)
Another issue
Condensation outside the windshield. This has never happened before in any of my cars.

why is this happening ? It is really difficult to drive like this. Is this a defect ? I don't think it's normal since this has been happening everyday now a days. I also drive my santro , verna and elantra , no issues.

Using defogger setting with recirculation mode off.

Its neither a big issue nor a defect as such. It does happen in monsoons. Best way I can suggest is to use Tobacco leaves / Cigarette tobacco on the windshield. It helps a lot in such situations. The mist / fog on the windshield happens because of temperature difference inside and outside the car.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars 1st July 2017 10:37 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
It's a big issue. Yesterday it was close to just 30% visibility. That's the odd thing. I can understand fog inside the windshield but out ? Will try your method. And i don't understand why is this happening only in tiago ? I use my other cars as well in same weather conditions.

Akash1886 1st July 2017 10:42 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542173)
Will try your method. And i don't understand why is this happening only in tiago ? I use my other cars as well in same weather conditions.

It also happens on the window glasses of my CITY Ivtec as well as on the front windshield too at times and on rear one too sometimes. I have window visors in my car's windows so I also keep a slight slit open while AC is on and its raining. That ways the mist formation is avoided to a good extent. But using tobacco is a very good and useful trick to avoid the issue.

Regards

Akash

archat68 1st July 2017 10:59 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542173)
It's a big issue. Yesterday it was close to just 30% visibility. That's the odd thing. I can understand fog inside the windshield but out ? Will try your method. And i don't understand why is this happening only in tiago ? I use my other cars as well in same weather conditions.

Your glass is getting too cold and the outside moisture in air is getting condensed on the windshield.
You need to maintain your temp at par with the outside temp. Use the temp control knob from blue to white. Avoid too cold inside temp.

mukeshus 1st July 2017 11:26 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542166)
https://youtu.be/M4i0TInAuyM

Another issue [frustration]
Condensation outside the windshield. This has never happened before in any of my cars.

why is this happening ? It is really difficult to drive like this. Is this a defect ? I don't think it's normal since this has been happening everyday now a days. I also drive my santro , verna and elantra , no issues. [confused]

Using defogger setting with recirculation mode off.

Hi there.

Even i faced this during rains in Bangalore.
To avoid fog, do not use the re-circulation mode with AC.
Downside in traffic jam is that the exhaust fumes make way inside.
But the fog goes away quickly.

One more thing about wiper blades of Tiago, they are heat sensitive.
I have witnessed the blades cleaning clearly in hot conditions, where as in rain it cleans as posted in the pic.

During a recent drive, literally had the heater mode on, to make the wiper blade clear the fog.
The second set of front wiper blades and first set of rear wiper blades were changed during the third service.

The quality of those blades are not that great like in Bosch.

allhyundaicars 2nd July 2017 11:06 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
@ mukesh - because of the heat the water just clears quickly. Nothing to do with the wiper quality.

Again all you guys make sense but it's a simple question really. Why only tiago has this issue ? I use the same temperature settings in my santro.
I used every setting even turned the knob to heating mode but it was the same.

This type of thing happened in my i10 when the windshield had a crack. Toago's windhsield is fine So i am thinking the windhsield seal is an issue.

Vyasknit10 3rd July 2017 08:42 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
I too faced this issue while coming down from Ooty around 2 months back during night time.Had to use AC to clear the screen of mist.All other solutions did not work.Never faced this issue in my mahindra Logan in 8 years.

CRACING 3rd July 2017 10:26 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542194)
Tiago's windshield is fine So i am thinking the windshield seal is an issue.

Is it really happening outside? or between the windshield?

Recently my friend got his Skoda's windshield replaced and later found that it was defective because moisture/fog used to create between the windshield.

The windshield has two or more layers and if they are not glued properly then fog is created in-between layers and it won't go away easily.

In any case, try anti fog spray inside the windshield and see if it helps. i.e Proklear Anti-Fog, Rain-X Anti-Fog.

archat68 3rd July 2017 11:07 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 542173)
It's a big issue. Yesterday it was close to just 30% visibility. That's the odd thing. I can understand fog inside the windshield but out ? Will try your method. And i don't understand why is this happening only in tiago ? I use my other cars as well in same weather conditions.

Block the ac vents temporarily below the windshield and see if it helps.

torq118 3rd July 2017 01:37 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by archat68 (Post 542176)
Your glass is getting too cold and the outside moisture in air is getting condensed on the windshield.
You need to maintain your temp at par with the outside temp. Use the temp control knob from blue to white. Avoid too cold inside temp.

This is the exact cause & solution for your problem.

allhyundaicars 4th July 2017 11:08 AM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
@cracing - i too think this could be the issue. I didn't know about the two peices but thought of improper sealing.
Weather is clear these days , will take the car to sc when the issue again crops up.
@ archat - the ac settings was set to defog, blocking the vents might create issues. It's definitely not normal. If you look at the video , as soon as the wipers clear the glass , fog comes back instantly.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2018, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.