The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Technical Zone (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/)
-   -   Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/26799-tata-tiago-technical-issues-solutions.html)

AbhisekVerma 25th March 2017 03:09 PM

Re: Tata Tiago: Technical Issues & Solutions

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 531467)
Its enough for a petrol engine to idle for 15 seconds.

Still will report this thing at the first service.

Yes the idle time is too much in Tiago. I think 25secs should be enough. When my car was new I used to feel that cold start jerk many times but after driving around 1400 kms its much better now and I dont feel cold start jerks. I never idle since whenever I have to take car in the morning I am in hurry. I have another issue if I don't idle. The car feels overpowered when I first time use second gear without idling. I have to brake hard as it feels like taming a bull. After that it gets normal. Not a big issue for me but new drivers need to be careful.

One issue I have is the parking sensor plays too safe sidewise and when parking in tight spots it gives false warnings as there would be sufficient space not to hit sideways. Wish they reduce sideways sensitivy. Has anyone else faced this?

Prabhagar 25th March 2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhisekVerma (Post 531474)
The car feels overpowered when I first time use second gear without idling. I have to brake hard as it feels like taming a bull. After that it gets normal.

This is because of raised RPM levels until warm up. As you said, we owners will get used to it over time. First timers will not like this for sure.

Quote:

One issue I have is the parking sensor plays too safe sidewise and when parking in tight spots it gives false warnings as there would be sufficient space not to hit sideways. Wish they reduce sideways sensitivy. Has anyone else faced this?

I have noticed this too. Corner sensors are over sensitive and often ends up with false alarms.

GautamJ 25th March 2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

I too feel its over-sensitive, so I check orvm and tend to over-rule it. The rear seasors (middle two) too feels sensitive to me.
If it shows 'STOP' on ICE there is still 12" back.

Prabhagar 25th March 2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GautamJ (Post 531480)
If it shows 'STOP' on ICE there is still 12" back

This could be due to the inherent limitation of ultrasonic technology, mentioned in Tiago user manual, page # 80:
Quote:

0 to 25 cm obstacle detection performance is not guaranteed due to ultrasonic sensor technology limitation.

Cbiswas88 26th March 2017 10:53 AM

I have TATA ZEST XT RT and GEX NANO XT MT. By habit of start Zest, I follow settling idle my NANO for approx 20-25 sec then move further. We should follow this for all brands for smooth ride and engine performance.

allhyundaicars 26th March 2017 11:29 PM

Gear lever vibration is still present. If you rest your hand on the gear or you want to change the gear the gear lever vibrates until the clutch is pressed fully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSj...ature=youtu.be

GautamJ 27th March 2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhyundaicars (Post 531580)
Gear lever vibration is still present. If you rest your hand on the gear or you want to change the gear the gear lever vibrates until the clutch is pressed fully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSj...ature=youtu.be

There is solution to it. I guess Tata service guys zip ties to prevent gear-lever vibrations.

Maybe Prabhagar bro can help you better in this.

Prabhagar 27th March 2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GautamJ (Post 531586)
There is solution to it. I guess Tata service guys zip ties to prevent gear-lever vibrations.
Maybe Prabhagar bro can help you better in this.

Mine rattles even more than AHC's video [:D].

GautamJ 2nd April 2017 01:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Having issue like the below pic

Attachment 223732

And you want to backlight on the both rotary knobs, like this

Attachment 223733

Then this setting can be changed from 'Illumination' settings on the speedo console (IC). NOT through Harman service menu.

Short video for the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj7Vw6NqP6o

Special Thanks to TAIger modifii and TAIger Prabhagar.

GautamJ 8th April 2017 09:51 PM

Diesel Tiago owner here,

1. Engine Mounts :-
Fed-up of A engine mounts breaking after every 2,000 km.

Though​ it will be replaced under warranty, FOC but still why can't TATA overcome this issue?

2. ECU update :-
Mine is August 2016 manufactured, got ECU update.
Diesel clatter is non-existent and vibrations have reduced, pickup have increased. Feels so silent. Have to check whether it has taken impact on FE or not.

3. Suspensions :-
They are really delicate, and tends to loose up when going over pothole.
Got car back from second service on Friday, today hit a pothole at around 40 kmph, and can hear suspensions loosing up.

Subha 16th April 2017 04:47 PM

Hi, been driving Tata tiago for almost 10 months and was pretty happy with the car, but yesterday the Harman infotainment system is not turning on. Can you assist or suggest me some solutions. I don't know how much help will I get from the local tata dealer here. Thanks

GautamJ 16th April 2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subha (Post 535515)
Hi, been driving Tata tiago for almost 10 months and was pretty happy with the car, but yesterday the Harman infotainment system is not turning on.... Can u assist or suggest me some solutions... I don't know how much help will I get from the local tata dealer here... Thanks

Fuse must have blown (most common issue) or HU issue.

Prabhagar 16th April 2017 06:45 PM

As Gautam suggested please check the fuse below steering wheel. You will have to open the plastic trim to access fuse box.

vinay1916 25th April 2017 01:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I have faced a problem
Outside temprature : 44 C
Driving speed: 110 KMPH
AC: On,
Load: 3 people
I was driving on 23 April 12 AM noon. I have almost completed 250 KM from Lucknow TAJ expressway. Suddenly my car started slowing down 100,80,70... untill it stopped. I restarted after 5 minutes but again after 2 Km same problem occured.

I waited for 30 minutes. After that I started and completed the rest 270 KM without any problem.

My question is
1. Is it a heating problem?
2. Is it happened to anyone else.

Prabhagar 25th April 2017 08:42 PM

Hi Vinay,
That is a very scary scenario. Did you take your car to service center and have them check for error codes in ECU? Please also answer below questions for our forum members to be able to pour in their troubleshooting:
1. Petrol or Diesel?
2. What was your temperature gauge reading? If it is a overheating problem, you would see it more than 3 bars.
3. Any warnings/lights lit up in instrument cluster?