Is It Suitable To Run Honda City (Second Gen) on CNG?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

One of my friend wanted to put CNG on his Honda City'06 ZX GXi. He needs advice on whether he can does the same ? Which company would be good and what all extra things (advancers, lambdas etc) are required to run it on CNG without any problem.
Thanks for your valuable advice in advance.[cheers]

You can surely put that on, but here are the most common troubles with closed loop ECU's. Yours is euro 3 i suppose?
The problem being the stoich ratio of CNg is Different from petrol. The mixture is much leaner and ur O2 sensor will sense it and ur MIL lamp will glow.
To resolve this, u will need a lambda control with stepper motor,Which takes its signals from the ECU.
If this is installed, u wont need timing advancers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
U can surely put that on, but here are the most common troubles with closed loop ECU's. Yours is euro 3 i suppose?
The problem being the stoich ratio of CNg is Different from petrol. The mixture is much leaner and ur O2 sensor will sense it and ur MIL lamp will glow.
To resolve this, u will need a lambda control with stepper motor,Which takes its signals from the ECU.
If this is installed, u wont need timing advancers.
My friend wanted to know whether same can be performed ? If yes then, what items are required to run it smoothly. I think, you have suggested about lambda but same is required any other car I guess. So what is different in this case ? He is ready to put advancer and lambda both if they have different functions and would support it running his car without any issue. Most importanly, which company product he should go for. There are too many companies in the market.

Please suggest.

Thread Starter #4
People please assist. My friend visited couple of CNG dealers in Dwarka and west Delhi region and they are confirming that CNG can be installed and there would not be any problem. Infact, they are going GA-GA about the average and money savings he would be having in future.

Need support.

Thread Starter #10
Anmol, where did you get this list ? I mean only address is there but no contact no. Secondly, even if I ask them about fitment on Honda City-2. I don't think they would say no or give correct information because we are business to them and they would not like to tell us the truth and lose business.

Just a thought, what do you say !!

Is CNG suitable for Honda City Zx

I am planning to buy a second Honda City ZX CVT make 2007 from Mumbai which has run 40000 Km. It is also fitted with a Lamda make CNG kit. My questions are:
1. Is CNG suitable for Honda city, or does it damage the car engine in any way.
2. Will a Honda dealer continue to service this car , or will they refuse to service it since it has been fitted with a CNG kit.
3. Car price is 3,70,000. Is it worth going for this car ?

Mangoba,where you able to buy that City ZX at the price?Manual transmission are going here in mumbai a 2006 with approx 50000 run car below 3 lacs,one of my cousin is going for that,so seems like quite a deal for a good condition car.
I will also like to know CNG does work well on Citys?
Thank for any answer.

i have honda city zx gxi with lovato brand cng kit installed it is working perfect without any problem.
Last week i travelled to nashik it gave me average of 27/Km.
But ya keep in mind to run your car on petrol for atleast 3 km in a week to lubricate the engine

Need suggestion for converting my Honda city Ivtec to CNG ?

Hi, I bought Used Honda city Ivtec Smt 2009 model in this April .Now days My daily running has increased and its not affordable for me .So I am thinking to convert my city to CNG .I have used CNG corolla previously n it was good experience.
So I need suggestions from You guys ,has anyone of you or your friends has used City Ivtec CNG ? Should I go for Sequential or for regular kit ?How much mileage I will get on CNG ?What about engine pickup and overall performance change ?
I get average mileage around 13km/L .
here is link to my Honda city details -> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/17096-my-new-honda-city-i-vtec.html

Top Bottom