Experiencing Jerks in Tata Indigo LS 2005 Diesel

Thread Starter #1
I have indigo ls 2005 diesel. I feel severe jerk when left accelerator paddle in top gear at 60kmph and it continues till 50 kmph.After ward it becomes normal. If slight clutch is taken then no jerk feels. Similar issue in rest gear also in between some speed range. During solving this issue, clutch and pressure plate changed, Fuel pump got serviced, all mountings are changed. But problem is still there. Kindly help in this regard.

Re: Having Jerk in Tata Indigo LS 2005 Diesel

I am not sure about the RPM/gear of the indigo. I feel shifting to 60 in 5th gear is a less speed for the particular gear. Rev a bit more and then upshift. As you change clutch essentials it feel it should not be a problem. May be check the clutch release bearing. Apart from that it should not be a major issue

Re: Having Jerk in Tata Indigo LS 2005 Diesel

Hi, this is common in most of the pump driven diesel engines which doesn't have common rails with high pressure pumps,
The issue you are facing is due to less fuel to the engine at low rpm, even how much u clean the injectors or service the pump, issue won't get fixed, these issues always comes on higher mileage cars of these kinds eg: uno,lancet ,old Indica, indigo, sieana etc.

As the pumps are driven directly by camshaft, at low rpm the old worn out pump can't make enough pressure to fuel the car , also the wear and tear of engine leads to leaving a necessity of needing more fuel, which pump can't make though, only when Roma rise u can make the engine run okay,
.only fix is source a new pump or live with it, that would be a cheap fix.

Change gears after higher rpm.

You can try tuning the pump but it won't work, dont doubt on injectors, they are fine, if not cleaned in its life time, have a try on it,
Good luck.

Top Bottom