Renault Service Center Not Able To Fix Problems in Scala

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys. I hope this is correct thread for my query. If not mods plz move this thread to appropriate thread.
Story starts here.
I met with an accident in Jan 16. I owned renault Scala which had a very major damage and was moved to authorised SC immediately next day. They did not had cashless facility for the insurance which I had for my car. Acc to service centre and insurance guys it did not qualify for total loss. So repair had to done for which I requested Ins comp to pay advance payment which was done in late March and finally SC guys started repairing it on 1 st April, almost 2 months after they received car. Work was pretty slow in progress. They had problem in getting many parts including some parts of gear box as it was also damaged. Finally after 2 and half month of starting work they called me for TD. I found out that gear stick moves to and fro while accelerating. Problem was more in 1st than second and so on. They took note of it. And they are trying to fix it since last 20 days with the help of there critical case experts but not able to fix the problem.
My car is lying with them since last 5 months and no solution yet.
What's are the next steps shd I take?
Plz help guys I am badly stuck.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Service centre not able to fix problem

Firstly, try and inform the same to Renault HQ in India. Take the contact details from their website or FB. Renault-Nissan re-badged cars often have the issues of service and spares and Renault's sedans are sold in few numbers so in all probability the spare issues are bound to happen. If these ASC people are not able to solve the issue, would suggest you to look up for a experienced mechanic in open market. Consult your friends if they know any. There is no point keeping the car with them as I see.

Regards

Akash

As Mr.Akash has rightfully pointed i would like to add few things.
Ensure that you get to see job card of each day's work ,so to ensure what level of work they have carried out.
They won't let you have job card,but you can check at service center itself and return them back.

Then make sure you have all the bill particulars of parts replaced and service done.(In some cases for example component A might be damaged but its associated component B will only show damage ,so the service guys will replace B ,but won't replace A)

Hello guys. I hope this is correct thread for my query. If not mods plz move this thread to appropriate thread.
Story starts here.
I met with an accident in Jan 16. I owned renault Scala which had a very major damage and was moved to authorised SC immediately next day. They did not had cashless facility for the insurance which I had for my car. Acc to service centre and insurance guys it did not qualify for total loss. So repair had to done for which I requested Ins comp to pay advance payment which was done in late March and finally SC guys started repairing it on 1 st April, almost 2 months after they received car. Work was pretty slow in progress. They had problem in getting many parts including some parts of gear box as it was also damaged. Finally after 2 and half month of starting work they called me for TD. I found out that gear stick moves to and fro while accelerating. Problem was more in 1st than second and so on. They took note of it. And they are trying to fix it since last 20 days with the help of there critical case experts but not able to fix the problem.
My car is lying with them since last 5 months and no solution yet.
What's are the next steps shd I take?
Plz help guys I am badly stuck.
I have a small piece of advice for you. You contact directly to 'Renault' customer care (in present time, Renault being a popular brand, finding contact would not be a big deal). If they are not able to solve your problem, file a petition in consumer court for replacement of car against manufacturer. If a manufacturer is selling such a costly product and is not able to provide after sales service/ spares, it must take away its product and replace with some thing else. Your lying car is as good as your money is lying. I can not refer you right now but i have read cases in India where companies have addressed similar problem after consumer court has ordered them to withdraw product or rectify problem.
my dear friend, fight for it. i wish and hope you will find a genuine solution.

Last edited:

Top Bottom