Running Engine Stops at Lower Speeds (< 1K RPM)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

Can someone put some focus on this issue and as I own a Ford Fiesta Seconds Vehicle and the vehicle condition wasn't good at the earlier stages It took lot of time and money which set the AC problem and Over heating, now the turn of the Issue is Engine getting stopped at lower speed or not peddling the accelerator frequently the engine stops.
Normally in my analysis the RPM is less than 1 the engine stops and I've to restart.
IMG-20160628-WA0010.jpg
Look forward to hearing from you and attached is the computerized checkup picture which shows some error I wasn't aware if I've to relate the same to this issue or not.

Thanks
Pranav

Re: Running Engine stops at lower speeds less than 1 RPM

Its an error related with fuel pump.
How much km has vehicle clocked?
It can also be issue when poor quality fuel is used.

it has crossed around 200000
what would be the cost of the fuel pump?
Buying a car at 2 Lahk km I really appreciate it. [clap]. I do love high mileage cars and maintaining them, I own 2 Lakh driven Zen which in showroom condition.

Let me know your car exact model year and variant. Is it petrol or Diesel.

-suryaputhra

Please go through .
P0192 trouble code definition
Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low input
What the P0192 code means
The power control module (PCM) has detected that the fuel pressure is not within the normal range which is required for proper engine operation.

What causes the P0192 code?

Fuel pump failure
Faulty fuel pressure sensor
No or low fuel
Wires that are broken, shorted, or corroded
Connectors that are broken, shorted, or corroded
Clogged fuel filter
Faulty fuel pump relay
What are the symptoms of the P0192 code?

Car won’t start
Car cranks longer than normal during start up
Hesitation during acceleration
How does a mechanic diagnose the P0192 code?

The mechanic will inspect the fuel rail pressure sensor wiring and connectors. They will check for wires that are burned or shorted and connectors that are corroded. If necessary, replace the connectors and circuitry.

Collects freeze frame data and the trouble codes stored by the power control module (PCM), using an OBD-II scanner

Clears the trouble codes and perform a test drive to see if any codes come back

There could be an intermittent problem if the trouble code P0190 does not return immediately. It may not be possible to diagnose an intermittent problem right away.

If the test drive cannot be performed, it is because the car won’t start. They will then test the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge.

A low fuel pressure reading could be an indication that the vehicle is out of gas. It is important to make sure there is gas in the car during this step in the diagnosis process.

After confirming that there is gas in the car, make sure the fuel pump is operating by listening to it.

If the fuel pump is operating, but the car will not start, this could be an indication that a fuel filter is clogged, there’s an issue with the fuel injector circuits, or that the power control module (PCM) is faulty.

If they cannot hear the fuel pump, they will tap on the fuel tank while simultaneously attempting to start the car. This step will require two people.

If the car starts, this is an indication that the fuel pump is faulty.

If the car does not start, the battery voltage will need to be checked at the fuel pump connector.

If there is no battery voltage reading at the fuel pump connector, the fuse circuit, fuel pump relay circuit, and power control module (PCM) circuit should be inspected. If the fuse, fuel pump relay, and power control module (PCM) circuits are not working properly, inspect the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Test the fuel rail pressure sensor for a reference voltage at the connector with a digital volt ohmmeter. A good reference voltage reading is 5-volts and this should be tested when the car is running.

If the fuel rail pressure sensor has a 5-volt reading, the next step would be to test the sensor ground wire.

If the results show a reference signal and ground signal, the sensor’s resistance will need to be tested. Use the manufacturer’s pressure-to-resistance chart to make a determination as to whether the fuel rail pressure sensor needs to be replaced.

Retest the fuel system to make sure it is working properly. If the circuitry and sensors are operational, it is possible that there is a problem with the power control module (PCM). This is not common, but would require replacing and reprogramming the power control module (PCM).

Common mistakes when diagnosing the P0192 code

A common mistake when diagnosing the P0192 trouble code is replacing the fuel rail pressure sensor without inspecting the other components of the system.

Before replacing the fuel rail pressure sensor or any other component of the system, check the fuel level to see if the vehicle has no fuel.

How serious is the P0192 code?

This code is considered serious because of the drivability issues the driver may experience while operating the vehicle.

The car may not start or will struggle to start, and may have poor pick up during acceleration. For these reasons, the P0192 trouble code should be addressed as soon as possible.

What repairs can fix the P0192 code?

Adding fuel to a low or empty fuel tank
Repairing wiring and/or connectors that are corroded
Repairing wiring that is shorted, broken, or frayed
Replacing clogged fuel filter
Replacing fuel pump relay
Replacing fuel pump fuse
Replacement of the fuel pump
Replacement of the fuel rail pressure sensor

Source

Top Bottom