New Battery EXIDE DIN 65 for our DZire VDi!

Thread Starter #1
Okey Guyz, we got new battery EXIDE DIN 65 for our ride; so thought to share the info with you all.

So here the story goes,
we were happily and proudly enjoying our 25months old DZire VDi which had clocked ~43.8k kms on the odo when this sudden issue started. There were two indicator lights on the instrumental cluster constantly on when the car was started.

Simultaneously, we felt that the car took load while starting (cranked for a long time than before!). Checked the manual and found out that the car needs to be serviced and there is water in the fuel filter.

So took the car for servicing. There our SA (service advisor), told spontaniously that this is regarding the battery issue after looking the lights; but my dad insisted him to check the battery again and gave the care for rouitine service. Took the car back and then also the problem did not stopped. Now with due course of time, many a times the car refused to start in one crank. One day the car didnt started and we were forced to start the car with the help of other cars battery. (desi method of starting the car with other battery using jumpers.) So then my dad felt that the battery needs to be changed.

We went to my dad's friend enquering about new battery. I told him we want the best and powerfull battery, if any, for our car. He suggested us this EXIDE DIN 65 maintenance free battery for our car. The battery does not need topping up battery water and all. Moreover, that battery had 60months warranty! Actually for first 30months its table replacement, and in later months, there's a discount on buying a new battery; say from 31-35 months you get 50% discount on new battery and the discount reduces as the months increased.

We found this one perfect and got this fitted for the ride. He gave 5% discount on MRP.

MRP: Rs 8935/-
Less 5% discount: ie 8935-446 = 8489/-
Less Old battery pay back: Rs 500/-
Total amount to be paid: 8489-500 = 7989/-
Amount we paid= 7800/-(rounded off![evil])

Shop's details: Naman Batteries; M.G.road; Panvel- 410206(RIGAD)

Now there is no problem while starting and there are no indicators blinking after the battery change. The car has bacame as good as new, and we are enjoying the ride much more than before; thanks to the new battery, service done and the DDiS engine

Some pics attached for reference.

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay but now the question is why did your car's battery conk off in just 2 years? A normal battery life is atleast 4-5 years.

And yes maintenance-free are the best now! Good choice , congrats!

Thread Starter #4
Okay but now the question is why did your car's battery conk off in just 2 years? A normal battery life is atleast 4-5 years.

And yes maintenance-free are the best now! Good choice , congrats!
Well, the service advisor, the battery walla, the local mechanics, and many of my dad's friend; all of them said that the battery provided with the car does not last more than 1.5years. They all said that its our luck that the battery lasted for two years. God knows the truth![roll]

Yes, the battery watter used to be topped up regularly, while the car went for services.

Strange! I am hearing this for the first time![surprise]

Lets wait what other members are telling.

And hey my Verna has completed 2 years , still running good and my Safari 4 years and still no battery change!

350Z

Core Team
Gears1313, Thanks for sharing the quick information. It’s true that your car’s original battery didn’t served for very long, otherwise an average life of a car battery is typically at least three to five years. (Refer this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/1233-what-your-cars-battery-life-2.html). Nonetheless, you still got a fairly nice deal on the new battery and a good replacement bonus too. Which two indicators were lit on by the way, one must be the battery icon and the other?

Drive Safe,
350Z

@gears1313,when i got my car back after modifying,the battery was given for charging,and the mechanic there said that 4 out of 6 cells are active,and 2 cells have become inactive.
He also said that if the battery is charged,he doesn't give any guarantee for the car to run on the active 4 cells.
After discussing it with my mechanic,he said that the better option would be to change to a new battery.My odometer clocks 52 k in about 40 months of usage,and till date,i have not got any problem.
The new battery that i got was "SF SONIC",it cost me Rs 4,995.00 + replacement warranty for 2 years.The other reason for choosing this brand is that the battery shop owner has dealings with the place,where i modified my car,so that,if any problem occurs,it can be solved without big issues.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Gears1313, Thanks for sharing the quick information. It’s true that your car’s original battery didn’t served for very long, otherwise an average life of a car battery is typically at least three to five years. (Refer this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-answers/1233-what-your-cars-battery-life-2.html). Nonetheless, you still got a fairly nice deal on the new battery and a good replacement bonus too. Which two indicators were lit on by the way, one must be the battery icon and the other?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350z! Well these were the two lights I was talking about!
DSC01685.jpg
The left one said that the car needs to be serviced; the right one said that there may be water in the fuel filter and take it to the maruti dealer! Now I dont know that these two lights have any connection with this battery issue. However; the service advisor any may dad's friend (the battery shop owner) said this only that you will have to change the battery; without even looking at the lights.[surprise]

@gears1313,when i got my car back after modifying,the battery was given for charging,and the mechanic there said that 4 out of 6 cells are active,and 2 cells have become inactive.
He also said that if the battery is charged,he doesn't give any guarantee for the car to run on the active 4 cells.
After discussing it with my mechanic,he said that the better option would be to change to a new battery.My odometer clocks 52 k in about 40 months of usage,and till date,i have not got any problem.
The new battery that i got was "SF SONIC",it cost me Rs 4,995.00 + replacement warranty for 2 years.The other reason for choosing this brand is that the battery shop owner has dealings with the place,where i modified my car,so that,if any problem occurs,it can be solved without big issues.
Hey Surender; thats good! Even Sonic is a good brand.
While we went for a battery change; we told them to show us the best battery for DZire; so that guy suggested us this one.

gears1313 said:
Hey Surender; thats good! Even Sonic is a good brand.
While we went for a battery change; we told them to show us the best battery for DZire; so that guy suggested us this one.
Yeah,i have seen that on many cars,but,that was my first time with "SF SONIC" brand.
In my car's case,i didn't go to the battery shop,the owner of my garage called up the battery shop's owner,to give a battery that suits for Verna.
And,in return,he gave a list of options like Exide,SF and Amaron.But,SF SONIC had a better option as suggested by my mechanic,and then only i placed an order for SF SONIC battery and we got that delivered in 10 minutes and it was fixed instantly,then i got my car out of the garage for a long drive back home.

isn't the OEM battery in dzire a sealed one? even the wagonr has sealed battery.

anyhow you could also have tried the amaron sealed. our wagonr is in 4th year and battery[amaron] is OEM still running good

Thread Starter #11
isn't the OEM battery in dzire a sealed one? even the wagonr has sealed battery.

anyhow you could also have tried the amaron sealed. our wagonr is in 4th year and battery[amaron] is OEM still running good
Hey anmol; I didnt got you question properly. What do you mean by sealed one?
Nways these were our DZire's OEM battery.
02102008336.jpg

Hey anmol; I didnt got you question properly. What do you mean by sealed one?
Nways these were our DZire's OEM battery.
View attachment 12967
i am attaching a pic of battery somewhat similar to wagonr 2008 battery except brand , this is complete sealed one while the last pic u uploaded we can see slots for opening those caps. so i think they are not Maintenance free type

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
i am attaching a pic of battery somewhat similar to wagonr 2008 battery except brand , this is complete sealed one while the last pic u uploaded we can see slots for opening those caps. so i think they are not Maintenance free type
I think these are not the sealed ones! The yellow coloured flap can be removed out and there you have slots to fill water. Instead if six caps, they have given one single flap.
I have this similar kind of so called 'sealed ones' in my bike also. Earlier I also thought that these does not needs water filling and all; but at the service centre the truth was out.

Top Bottom