Ford Figo 1st Gen: Giving Low Power

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
Recently I have done trip from Bangalore to Ooty, I have taken 36 hair bend route to reach ooty.

I was facing too much under power while climbing on ghats once I put car on 2nd gear, I was gaining 2000 to 3000 rev on 1st gear and then shifting to 2nd gear, once shifting to 2nd gear car will not give power even full gas pressed to climb and move very slow. Can't able to think for 3rd gear.
Did complete climbing on 1st gear with 4 stops to cool engine. a day before this trip I have done general checkup at Lathangi Ford as I was facing low power on straight roads too car is going to 120 with great difficulty and they informed me every thing is fine and did topups.

Please suggest me solution to fix this problem.

you have Diesel or Petrol ? if petrol then there may be issue with spark plugs or spark plug cables due to which fuel not burning properly. if its diesel then then there may be some other issue. also check air filter & fuel pump, some times fuel pump pipe gets some minor leakage in inside fuel tank that result in low fuel pressure & car show low power.

please share manufacturing year & ODO reading too.

Thread Starter #3
Sorry for missing out car details, its diesel, Car Make year 2013, Reg Year Dec 2013, 16000 KM, During check up before starting trip I have asked to change air filter and they also checked for leakage, but I don't know if they have checked for fuel tank leakage

Power loss in diesel cars might be of various reasons.

1. Check the air intake of the engine. It might be clogged

2. Intercooler, manifold, turbo need a clean

3. Egr valve might be clogged

4. Use System D 1 ml per liter so that it removes carbon accumulated for 2 tankfulls

5. Check diesel filter and air filter replace it if it is bad.

Thread Starter #5
Even I am suspecting turbo cleaning is required, But now I not trusting Lathangi Ford service center, can any one telling me a trust worthy service center in Bangalore, if its near Hosur road will be best.

Even I am suspecting turbo cleaning is required, But now I not trusting Lathangi Ford service center, can any one telling me a trust worthy service center in Bangalore, if its near Hosur road will be best.
Hi,
Before turbo cleaning, kindly check the fuel lines.
Have you left your tank with very low diesel in the fuel tank earlier. If so, then the dust particles will be blocking the fuel lines.

If Turbo is not functioning properly, it will also not work in neutral gear if you accelerate. You may also see some smoke. If this is not happening in your car, then check for fuel lines.

While cleaning fuel lines, kindly change the fuel filter and check.

Top Bottom