Honda Amaze: Worn Out Disk Pads Under 10K Kms?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I drive an Amaze Diesel (2014 model) and it just completed 10K kms. Had been experiencing squeaky noise (faint noise) whenever i hit brakes since past couple of months(since it was about 7k kms on odo.

Sound didn't go away even after service, so i went back on weekend and asked them to recheck brakes & they told the pads were worn off and had to be replaced.

I was surprised with that since the car had only run 10k kms. Anyways, i got it done (2400 for pads + 300 for labour) and when i inspected the replaced brakepads(after coming home), it appeared like there was still lot of mileage left in the pads.

I suspect the quality of brake pads werent good and instead of replacing under warranty, they had it billed to me (customer). Please see attached screenshots and advice if i was conned [confused].

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hi All,
I drive an Amaze Diesel (2014 model) and it just completed 10K kms. Had been experiencing squeaky noise (faint noise) whenever i hit brakes since past couple of months(since it was about 7k kms on odo.

Sound didn't go away even after service, so i went back on weekend and asked them to recheck brakes & they told the pads were worn off and had to be replaced.

I was surprised with that since the car had only run 10k kms. Anyways, i got it done (2400 for pads + 300 for labour) and when i inspected the replaced brakepads(after coming home), it appeared like there was still lot of mileage left in the pads.

I suspect the quality of brake pads werent good and instead of replacing under warranty, they had it billed to me (customer). Please see attached screenshots and advice if i was conned [confused].

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Hi,
After changing the pads if you are not getting the sound then it might be the faulty pads. If the new pads are also giving the same sound, then disk rotator (rotar) might be the culprit.

Surely a Honda car brake shoe will never worn out so soon. Kindly get your money back from the service or tell them to reduce it for the next service.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Your pads are worn out and wouldn't have last long. Regular brake pads should last around 30k-40k. It can be your driving style also.

They won't honor warranty for wear and tear items but you can try. Didn't you see the new pads and compared them with the old ?

Take a look at my verna's pads ( the thickness is almost the same for all brake pads)

Ps : the pads are costly.( my verna's pads are 1500 at hass) if these also fails at 10k buy some other brand like tvs girling ,boscH, textar , roulands. Any you can get.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
unfortunately, i didnt check the new pads that they replaced. :(
I tried to get it replaced under warranty, but they refused since my car was about 2 years old(still 10k kms only since i use it occasionally)
The sound issue is solved, so im pretty sure the issue was with the pads itself.
Next time when the pads are due for replacement, i'll check for alternatives.
Thanks all!

when i inspected the replaced brakepads(after coming home), it appeared like there was still lot of mileage left in the pads.
10k km seem to be too less, but that depends a lot on the usage. Average pad life should be anything above 20k km.

Going by this snap, there is some more life left on the pads (not "LOT")
VjuJQlE (1).jpg
you could have used them until the wear indicator touches the rotor. Beyond that the pad material will wear much faster.
0900c15280045f4a.jpg

Damn, i get my Alto's break pad replaced for 600 Rs (set of 2). And 500 labour. Total cost 1100 Rs.
They last approx 30K.
2400 Rs for break pads is too much, and they look similar, only a bit smaller.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Damn, i get my Alto's break pad replaced for 600 Rs (set of 2). And 500 labour. Total cost 1100 Rs.
They last approx 30K.
2400 Rs for break pads is too much, and they look similar, only a bit smaller.
Damn , 500rs for labor. I paid 700rs for set of 4 and the mechanic removed and fitted all 4 discs so that they can be repaired on the lathe machine. Did you get this done from mass ?

@ Mr boss -I think you are getting confused with the set and the actual number of pads. A set will contain 2 pads for one tyre.
My verna's brake pads were 1200 for the front and 2600 rs for the rear ( at hass the rear costs 4500 just because these are imported. )

Ps : i wrote the wrong price of 1500 rs for my verna in my last reply.

After warranty period get everything done from outside in sc like bosch. I went to my local mechanic and what I saw ? Mechanics from bosch working there because it was their weekly off. Saved a lot of money.

If manufacturer's service center charges 5 rs , boscH will charge 3 rs and local mechanic around 1.5rs.

Last edited:
Yes, he did put it on lathe machine and flattened out the disk. 300 Rs extra for that [cry]. Break pads just had MGP written on their box There were 2 pads for each front wheel. total 4 pads 600 Rs. Flattening on lathe machine is not always required, only approx after 1,00,000 Kms. The the pads were not that worn out, but as we had already opened, he suggested me to put new ones, and i will be tension free for another 30K.
But again all the Wheels had to be opened as 1 wheel bearing was making noise, one was ok, but not in good condition. Got them all 4 replaced. 2400 Rs for bearing, there was no make written, but felt good quality and as per the mech, they will never fail. 1200 (600 each) for rear suspension (gabrial make). Got all old bushings and nuts changed. Increased height of back suspension as the CNG tank was making back side sit too low. Got Metal bushings for height adjustment (rubber ones are no good, they slowly deform). Total cost was 6900 Rs for all work with labor. I have 2 mechanics, one near my office and one near home.
My rear tires went bad in 35K kms, and had uneven wear. As per mechanic, this will never happen again. I will get 2 Turanzas will also change the 2 rims (alloy wheels don't make sense for 12 year old alto). Amazers dont have grip and are very hard, even then they wear to quickly.
If car is not under warranty, its always better to learn more about mechanics and get things done by local mechanic. You can also buy parts yourself, verify price, check which once are good.

Last edited:
my assumption is a set means 4 pads. a pair means 2 pads. when i replaced safari pads, this is the explanation given by the automobile shop.i assume that brake pads are always replaced as a set.

Last edited:
One of my friend faced similar problem with his Amaze. His brake pads & other brake pads had to be replaced multiple times still issue was not resolved. Initially dealer was not ready to accept the manufacturing defect. My friend alleged that if it was not a manufacturing defect then it is a deliberate attempt on the part of dealer to sabotage and kill the occupants in the car & he would sue the dealer instead of Hondas.
Finally dealer had to refund the cost of the car & took the car back for research purpose after some high handedness shown by friend.

Top Bottom