Engine Oil Leak in My Brand New Honda Amaze

Thread Starter #1
Hi
We got a second Honda Amaze in our family.
After first service, on a fine day, the MIL went on indicating low engine oil.
The car was immediately sent to service station which is around 200 kms from the place where car is being used in Madhya Pradesh.
The SC says that engine oil level was down to 300 ml from a capacity of 4L.
The oil leak was caused due to vaccum pump O Ring and that they want to DISMANTLE engine to assess engine damage.
However, I find a few things which are confusing.
1. There was no problem in car during first service at 1000 kms. No issue was reported. After a 1200 kms run the MIL went on. As per SC, only 300 ml engine oil was left. I am surprised as there was no trace of any oil leakage at the place where car was parked. Absolutely none.

2. The car ran smoothly till service centre. No issues. No weird engine noise. No overheating. If service centre says that only 300 ml oil was remaining, then it is a bit confusing.

We are now in dilemma. Should we allow the engine dismantle, for a brand new car ?
Have been trying to get hold of someone in Honda management or Honda technical team for last 20 days now. Everytime, we could not go beyond the customer relation manager.

Please pour in your suggestions.

Manufacturers tend to hide behind their customer service department. Just go on to Honda's FB page and post your issue in public. That will get them to respond.

If there was no issue at 1st service but has come up a few days later, the ASC is to blame as to whatever they have done at service. Would rather go to another ASC. Dont you check the dip sticks regularly?

Ameyam

Akash1886

Honoured Member
After first service, on a fine day, the MIL went on indicating low engine oil.
The car was immediately sent to service station which is around 200 kms from the place where car is being used in Madhya Pradesh.
The SC says that engine oil level was down to 300 ml from a capacity of 4L.
The oil leak was caused due to vaccum pump O Ring and that they want to DISMANTLE engine to assess engine damage.
However, I find a few things which are confusing.
1. There was no problem in car during first service at 1000 kms. No issue was reported. After a 1200 kms run the MIL went on. As per SC, only 300 ml engine oil was left. I am surprised as there was no trace of any oil leakage at the place where car was parked. Absolutely none.

2. The car ran smoothly till service centre. No issues. No weird engine noise. No overheating. If service centre says that only 300 ml oil was remaining, then it is a bit confusing.
If I go as per your words buddy, I can make out that the service center has ditched you by not re-filling the engine oil to its optimum level. If there is no leakage then only reason for such behavior of the car could be inadequate oil quantity poured by the ASC.

We are now in dilemma. Should we allow the engine dismantle, for a brand new car? Have been trying to get hold of someone in Honda management or Honda technical team for last 20 days now. Everytime, we could not go beyond the customer relation manager.
Don't let them open the engine until advised by HCIL or else you'll loose the warranty and all. About contacting them, I would say just visit their Greater Noida Plant with the documents and service records of your car and discuss the matter face to face. By Phone, you'll never actually go beyond CR personnel.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom