Resurfacing of Flywheel For Chevrolet Cruze

Thread Starter #1
Good day guys,

My cars gear isn't engaging ,I probably shifted down on high speed, so either brake pad worn out or bolts cracked. will get it opened for clutch, pressure plate and flywheel inspection. but as always workshop guys suggesting changing of flywheel even before opening and checking condition of it. I know it's money sucking business and want to ensure if it's needed as my Cruze is just 45 k on odometer. I'm searching for machine shop for resurfacing flywheel if it comes to replacement suggestion, in Kanpur and Lucknow but unable to find. Also checking for availability of new flywheel outside Chevy authorised dealer stores as it's costing 50 k as per those leechers. Can anyone suggest something, shops to buy or machine workshops in Kanpur and Lucknow.

Thanks

Do you feel any jerks while releasing the clutch in first gear? Or your gear slips? If not, I don't think the problem is with the clutch and flywheel. You said your car gears are not engaging. So are you unable to slot into any gears? How is the condition of gear box while the car is in stationary and how it is when it is moving? I think the problem may be with the gear linkages or syncros, not clutch or flywheel..

Thread Starter #3
Well I was at 100 mms/hr speed and downshifted to third gear , saw engine rev up. And in sheer stupidity didn't realise that I was also stepping on accelerator, so engine revved up to danger mark for few seconds, after that I realised that I'm unable to shift gears.

On slowing down I found that m able to shift in first and second gear but not in third fourth or reverse.

Diagnosis is, when ignition is off I'm able to shift in all gears including reverse .But with engine start I'm unable to shift in any gear ..But on repeated attempts get very less movement in first gear though gear isn't engaged fully in the slot. And with that partial momentum when car achieves little speed I'm able to shift in first gear and eventually in second but again not in 3,4 or reverse .

Can you guys tell few reasons for it to happen ..Can it be slave cylinder seal gave way due to downshifting at high rev.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was at 100 mms/hr speed and downshifted to third gear ..saw engine rev up .And in sheer stupidity didn't realise that I was also stepping on accelerator ..so engine revved up to danger mark for few seconds ..after that I realised that I'm unable to shift gears .
On slowing down I found that m able to shift in first and second gear but not in third fourth or reverse ..
Diagnosis is....when ignition is off I'm able to shift in all gears including reverse .But with engine start I'm unable to shift in any gear ..But on repeated attempts get very less movement in first gear though gear isn't engaged fully in the slot ..And with that partial momentum when car achieves little speed I'm able to shift in first gear and eventuly in second but again not in 3,4 or reverse .
Can u guys tel few reasons for it to happen ..Can it be slave cylinder seal gave way due to downshifting at high rev ..
The symptoms indicates the problems with syncros. Not with clutch. So immediately take it to ASC. As you say, you are able to engage 1st and 2nd, but not in 3rd and 4th. What about 5th and 6th? If you are able to engage all gears except 3rd, 4th and reverse, then the problem would be the particular gear syncros.

Last edited:

Top Bottom