Ford Fiesta Automatic (DCT) Woes Continue…

Thread Starter #1
I purchased used Ford Fiesta Titanium + AT 2012 model from an elderly couple who drove only 5000KMS in 2 years. I noticed lot of jerks (lower gears below 40KMPL speed), clutch slippage with in few weeks. But on searching internet I came to know there are multiple TSB's available to update the software and it is supposed to solve these kind of problems. Wrote mail to Ford customer care and got prompt response from them to take the car to Fortune ford. It took some time to repro the issue after initial responses like 'this is how DCT works etc. They did TSB and car ran fine for 2 weeks and then again same jerks, shuddering and clutch slippage. Escalated to Ford Customer Service again. They reviewed all the parameters along with Chennai Ford engineers, agreed to replace clutch pack. Whole process took 2 weeks. It was ok for nearly 6 months moving from 5K to 14K on ODO. Issues have cropped up again. It runs fine on open stretch of road. If I am stuck on bumper to bumper traffic(stop-go traffic) for 15 mins, gear box produces lot of jerks, clutch slippage and also vibration from front portion of the car. Really upset with the behaviors. Last time itself I escalated to Ford senior folks to fix the issues permanently. Not sure whether to spend time again on one more round of escalations, diagnostics or simply sell it. Car is very nice except this annoying jerks and making me lose confidence to drive in stop go traffic. Even if I simply sell somebody will have to deal with Ford folks. Would like to hear suggestions from experts or if you know any ford exec contact (other than customer service) please share.

Top Bottom