Gear Shift Problem When I Start the Car

Thread Starter #1
I own a alto k10 vxi (i brought my car in jul 2011 and also extended warranty is upto 2014 which is also over) there is this problem of not able to shift my gear when it is on switch on mode. But when it is off i am able to freely shift it. I usually park my car inside my home, the recent floods in chennai affected the car until the floor but not above it. We started the car the next day it is started(but din drive it), i am not able to shift my gears. None of the ASCs is replying a positive message as they have too much cars in their centres. I have not called the insurance until now because i thought everything is ok with the car. Can i rely on multi car service centres like mytvs and carnation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a problem is usually a broken clutch or gear cable. At the worst, it may be a shifter issue and may require a gear box overhaul

I suggest you wait a few days for the rush to reduce a bit. I think you mean to say your extended warranty (usually 4 years) is upto June 15, right? If so you still have time. If not, you are out of warranty anyway. Stick to the ASC for such issues

Ameyam

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for replying, here in chennai all the ASCs are completed flooded with cars. ameyam my extended warranty is only for 3rd year which is valid till 01-jul-2014, so it is over. I have contacted my insurance co they gave me a claim no, so waiting for their advice.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sathya, The warranty will not work if Problem is due to Flood affected areas. Insurance may be able to help if Its 0 dep. Generally it could be problem that the water has washed off shifter cable Lubricant or caused minor sand/dust entry in cable, hence difficulty in shifting. Seems like a minor issue.

Top Bottom