Maruti Swift Dzire Suspension Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hello Team,

This is my first day on this Forum. I am indeed a Newbie here.
I own a Swift Dzire VDI that has clocked about 63K Kms.

Eventually i have noticed that the car offers a very rough ride on speed breakers and on potholes. Infact if i am driving at say 60 Kms, while crossing a pothole, the whole car rattles madly. I don't know where is is the issue. I got the shockers checked from a couple of MASS in New Delhi and in Ambala also. All of them told me that the shockers are fine and i even got the shocker link rods replaced 2 months ago, but all in vain.

Please suggest me the best mechanic in New Delhi/NCR for this problem and also what could be the underlying cause for the issue.

Regards
Amit Handa

Re: Car Suspension

Is the Suspension Struts leaky ?

Also ,check whether Tyres are getting worn off irregularly- this is one of the 2 causes pointing to Suspension issue.

A detailed inspection-
Checking stabiliser bushes,and all other associated components will tell what's the fault.

Also ,check whether Tyres are getting worn off irregularly- this is one of the 2 causes pointing to Suspension issue.

A detailed inspection-
Checking stabiliser bushes,and all other associated components will tell what's the fault.
+1 sir, i too had the same problem on my 2007 swift vdi (sold last year), it turns out after 2 months of trouble that i did have a leaky strut on the left wheel and the right side stabilizer bush had to be replaced! It happened after the car crossed 90,000 kms.

Thread Starter #4
+1 sir, i too had the same problem on my 2007 swift vdi (sold last year), it turns out after 2 months of trouble that i did have a leaky strut on the left wheel and the right side stabilizer bush had to be replaced! It happened after the car crossed 90,000 kms.

well, thx sir. In fact i dint check for the leakage as you mentioned. HOwever i will check it ASAP. Regarding the stabilizer bush, i will get it checked as well. Shall i visit a MASS or any other special mechanic which you can refer?

A detailed inspection-
Regarding tyres, i must tell you that after evry 5000Kms i switch the tyres between front and rear. as per a Tyre guy recently the tyres in my car have a life of max 7000Kms.

well, thx sir. In fact i dint check for the leakage as u mentioned. HOwever i will check it ASAP. Regarding the stabilizer bush, i will get it checked as well. Shall i visit a MASS or any other special mechanic which you can refer?
Hey AmitHan,
You said that MASS centre where you go to said that the suspension is fine. So what you can do is, switch to a better MASS centre. If the same reply is given, try another centre. But never go to other mechanics unless you're familiar with the owner of that shop. Since I'm unfamiliar with delhi , i can't help.you with trusted centres or mechanics sorry 'bout that. [:)]

I would say stand by the vehicle and ask him from what point he is infering the result.
I have given my Verna at ASS (I would rate 5/5),as one of the SA there is truly auto enthusiast and has 8 years of experience there with Hyundai cars.

But in case of my swift , my present ASS is not great as they are doing Jobs not at all needed,and staffs do it as money business, they don't tell what is for what ,though am pursuing engineering,from my automobile engineering professors as well as friends i get more info on the part replaced in my rides.

I am also planning to change my ASS.

Mr.Amithan-
Was the tyres replaced before,63 k is a good life.[:)]

Mr.Idsi

Its perfectly normal that your car lasted 90k km in our road conditions.
What i would say is before service itself check with the Struts for leaks at 5k km.
And ask the SA to tighten the suspensions also after check( The fluid will also be topped up).

At our road scenarios 20k km itself is a good km to replace the shocks.
This will ensure that load on suspension is reduced.

Also make sure whatever components are replaced ,its returned to you also.

Even i had the same issue which has been rectified as hardened strut bush. On visual inspection, the bushes seems to be normal, But the rubber compound hardens over time and lose its property to dampen vibration to the cabin.

Hello Team,

Eventually i have noticed that the car offers a very rough ride on speed breakers and on potholes. Infact if i am driving at say 60 Kms, while crossing a pothole, the whole car rattles madly. I don't know where is is the issue. I got the shockers checked from a couple of MASS in New Delhi and in Ambala also. All of them told me that the shockers are fine and i even got the shocker link rods replaced 2 months ago, but all in vain.

Please suggest me the best mechanic in New Delhi/NCR for this problem and also what could be the underlying cause for the issue.

Regards
Amit Handa
Hey,

By reading your post i can understand you are madly irritated by rattles than your hardened shocks. Remember when the factory fit is altered it starts to rattle like seat covers installation the seats are removed to fit, door pads for speakers, did you ever had a bumper replacement? If so even a loose bumper fit creates rattles. I own a ertiga and my car under went all these what I did is but some double sided tapes put them in places where the plastics would touch the metal or other plastic parts. This helped to suppress lot of rattles. I even heard rattles from the rear camera connects rattled because it hit the metal part.

Now coming to shocks it is good time to replace bushes I did replace at 40k kms.

Hello Team,

Regards
Amit Handa
Try to spot he exact spot of the rattling. So that you can inform the same to asc and sort it out. Coming to suspension, take it to a good independent garage. I think a overhaul will do or some worn out bushes. And it's time for changing the tyres. 50K is the max even if the buttons are intact. The rubber would have gone very hard resulting in a bumpy ride. I faced the same with mrf zvtv. I hope you would be still running with stock tyres( which I vote for mrf). So change the tyres and take the car to a good independent garage. Maybe some members here from your location can suggest you one.

P.s. don't take the potholes at 60 kmph. Doing continuously like that will cause rattles and will damage the suspensions, joints, bearings, steering rod and other linkages. Take her slow in rough roads and potholes.

Top Bottom