Ford Ikon Pickup and Battery Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hai Friends
I am using my brother FORD IKON PETROL 2007 MODEL. but till now i did not get any problem But recently it is giving problems
1. if we attempt to start the car it will start in 1st or 2nd cranking only and some times it refuses to start (no matter whether in cold or hot engine) if we check the car battery voltage its showing 12.8 volts (Almost battery is 4 yrs old it may be the culprit)
2.pickup issue : some time it refuses to climb 30degrees uphill and some times it will go smoothly on 60 degrees uphill
(i didnt observed any smoke from exhaustat)

bhvm

Honoured Member
I suggest getting some general servicing, Cleaning and tuning. Maybe spark plugs are worn out.
Battery voltage if 12.8 when ENGINE OFF is OK
With Engine ON, It should be 14.2~14.8v.

HI, Guess it is a 1.3 Flair.
1. Check the voltage of battery while you are cranking. 4 years is quite a good time for a new battery.
2. Are you using the right gear? 30 degrees is way too exaggerated. A proper road can have only 10 - 15 degrees (18 - 27%) of inclination max and that is what passenger cars are tested for. For 30 degree slopes, better buy an SUV.
Slope Percent to Angle Degrees Conversion Calculator
Do you hear misfires? Though might not be the case, the ignition coil is notorious to fail often. Get that checked with a competent mechanic.
Go through this, just for knowledge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_(slope)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
HI, Guess it is a 1.3 Flair.
1. Check the voltage of battery while you are cranking. 4 years is quite a good time for a new battery.
2. Are you using the right gear? 30 degrees is way too exaggerated. A proper road can have only 10 - 15 degrees (18 - 27%) of inclination max and that is what passenger cars are tested for. For 30 degree slopes, better buy an SUV.
Slope Percent to Angle Degrees Conversion Calculator
Do you hear misfires? Though might not be the case, the ignition coil is notorious to fail often. Get that checked with a competent mechanic.
Go through this, just for knowledge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_(slope)
did not hear any misfire sound and yes i used right gear and about degrees what i want to tell is car is losing power on a flat road and going smoothly on uphill sometimes when i checked with local mechanic he suggested to replace airfilters and check

I suggest getting some general servicing, Cleaning and tuning. Maybe spark plugs are worn out.
Battery voltage if 12.8 when ENGINE OFF is OK
With Engine ON, It should be 14.2~14.8v.
yes when i checked with local mechanic he suggested to replace airfilters abd some other filter

Top Bottom