The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Technical Zone (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/24028-maruti-suzuki-baleno-hatchback-technical-issues-solutions.html)

nkonamme 14th November 2015 10:50 PM

Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Hello guys,
I am starting this new thread to discuss about any technical issues related to Suzuki Baleno. I am owner of Baleno Zeta Petrol and have driven 500 kms. I have 2 technical doubts with my baleno

1.Anti pinch power window for driver side. As demonstrated by Maruti, it is supposed to work if there's any obstacle. I kept my hand and windows dint stop rolling up. I touched the window and it still did not stop. Now I use force on window and then it goes down. I doubt it is the usual working of anti pinch driver window.

2 Baleno petrol doesn't get engine cover and heat insulation for exhaust outlet from engine which exposes the nearby wiring to high temperatures and I have noticed little melting of plastic covering of wiring.

Other than these 2 doubts/issues I am in love with my Baleno

ice_wise 14th November 2015 11:34 PM

Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
1. Anti pinch window is supposed to prevent a pinch - i.e. when it will feel an obstruction at the last stage (of closing fully), only then it will stop automatically to prevent injury by the window glass. If you try this at the initial stage of rolling up, then it may not stop instantly as there is no chance of injury unless you reach the upper part of the window (near the metal frame). Some one correct me if I am wrong. I don't have this feature in any of my cars so I am not 100% sure.

2. As you had mentioned in the review, the melting was not too serious or was probably already there. Did you check on the current status of the melted part?

Members have also posted about unstable ride at high speeds. Even this may be an issue.

MODS - I think a duplicate thread was created by mistake. Please delete that one.

atlex123 15th November 2015 06:51 AM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
I am not sure if this comes under technical issue
For me position of front arm rest is useless. It's fixed and I have to move my seat all way ahead as I am short driver.

nkonamme 15th November 2015 05:21 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ice_wise (Post 471111)
1. Anti pinch window is supposed to prevent a pinch - i.e. when it will feel an obstruction at the last stage (of closing fully), only then it will stop automatically to prevent injury by the window glass. If you try this at the initial stage of rolling up, then it may not stop instantly as there is no chance of injury unless you reach the upper part of the window (near the metal frame). Some one correct me if I am wrong. I don't have this feature in any of my cars so I am not 100% sure.

2. As you had mentioned in the review, the melting was not too serious or was probably already there. Did you check on the current status of the melted part?

Members have also posted about unstable ride at high speeds. Even this may be an issue.

MODS - I think a duplicate thread was created by mistake. Please delete that one.

It did not work even in last stage. Window would have crushed my fingers. It goes down only if I press the window down.

I find high speed stability really good. Today I touched 140 KMPH with 4 people and car was rock solid. I find suspension on stiffer side and not comfortable like my grand i10
But at high speeds it feels better

Auto_Pilot 15th November 2015 07:21 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkonamme (Post 471162)
It did not work even in last stage. Window would have crushed my fingers. It goes down only if I press the window down.

If you have to press the window down then there is a fault with the system. In my Rapid the window moves down as soon as it touches the obstacle at the last stage of closing. I do not have to do anything to move it down. It touches my hand, tries a bit to move (gentle push upward) and then moves down. Get it checked for sure.

nkonamme 15th November 2015 07:33 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto_Pilot (Post 471177)
If you have to press the window down then there is a fault with the system. In my Rapid the window moves down as soon as it touches the obstacle at the last stage of closing. I do not have to do anything to move it down. It touches my hand, tries a bit to move (gentle push upward) and then moves down. Get it checked for sure.

Are you sure Anti pinch windows work only during terminal stage? I kept a cardboard and window did go down after pressing it against the door. I feel instead of anti pinch, window pinches you and goes down haha

vm2011 15th November 2015 07:36 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkonamme (Post 471182)
Are you sure Anti pinch windows work only during terminal stage?

Yes it works exactly like that... see this!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjHGYOjcNvI

atlex123 17th November 2015 06:05 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Technical Issues
 
I just verified anti pinch window is working as per design, window glass goes down at last stage of closing after hitting any obstacle.

sanjtupu 18th November 2015 03:33 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkonamme (Post 471105)
Hello guys,
I am starting this new thread to discuss about any technical issues related to Suzuki Baleno. I am owner of Baleno Zeta Petrol and have driven 500 kms. I have 2 technical doubts with my baleno

1.Anti pinch power window for driver side. As demonstrated by Maruti, it is supposed to work if there's any obstacle. I kept my hand and windows dint stop rolling up. I touched the window and it still did not stop. Now I use force on window and then it goes down. I doubt it is the usual working of anti pinch driver window.

2 Baleno petrol doesn't get engine cover and heat insulation for exhaust outlet from engine which exposes the nearby wiring to high temperatures and I have noticed little melting of plastic covering of wiring.

Other than these 2 doubts/issues I am in love with my Baleno

what will be the ideal tyre pressure for my car? as m getting my new baleno on friday.

ice_wise 18th November 2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjtupu (Post 471717)
what will be the ideal tyre pressure for my car? as m getting my new baleno on friday.

It will be mentioned in a sticker when you open the driver side door (the side/part where door locks). Congrats on the car. Get the pressures checked (and moved to ~30psi) as new cars are filled with more pressure during transit.

nkonamme 19th November 2015 01:47 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjtupu (Post 471717)
what will be the ideal tyre pressure for my car? as m getting my new baleno on friday.

Ideal tyre pressure is 29 for 16 inch tyres of baleno
Cheers

ameyam 30th November 2015 06:15 AM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Guys,

Any technical issues with the car? Going for down payment today with delivery next week

Ameyam

atlex123 30th November 2015 06:35 AM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Not found any till now... All the best...

Vivek chava 4th December 2015 12:46 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Hello folks,
I have took the delivery of my baleno silver delta petrol ! The car seems to be fine but the only one issue i faced with it is the dents ! There seems to be micro dents visible at an angle on the doors ! The dealership cars on display had them too ! But my car after 4-5 days started to show these small dents ! Like the ones on dzire and swifts!

ice_wise 4th December 2015 01:55 PM

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hatchback: Technical Issues & Solutions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek chava (Post 474828)
Hello folks,
I have took the delivery of my baleno silver delta petrol ! The car seems to be fine but the only one issue i faced with it is the dents ! There seems to be micro dents visible at an angle on the doors ! The dealership cars on display had them too ! But my car after 4-5 days started to show these small dents ! Like the ones on dzire and swifts!

Do post some pictures. I don't think you are referring to actual (accidental) dents, but curves on the car body (design). Right?


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2017, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.