Hyundai Accent Refurbished

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a 2003 model Hyundai Accent which I bought from the showroom. I had used it for a fair bit during the while. It has done around 1.05 lakhs on the ODo. The colour originally was prime beige. My usage had reduced over the times because of the advent of my other vehicles in my stable, but still my heart refuses to leave it as i have a few sentiments attached with it. It had begun rusting in a few places and i decided to give it a complete revamp. Also decided to change the colour to white.It was restored at the Hyundai Showroom and they had done a good job. I had done the painting, seats, tyres, battery, suspension and a few other odd jobs.

Nowadays, I use the car for hardly 200kms a month, but still very much in love with my accent .[:)] Below are a few pics..

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
that's an A1 job bro. she's looking just as new.
accent was a revolutionary product back then and still holds it's ground.

your work really shows the love and attachment to cars.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys. It took over 3 months to refurbish it. And it costed me around 1.6 in total. It included full painting, tinkering, new wind shield, all new lights, grilles, logos, seats (art leather), tyres, battery,carpet,etc. I am very satisfied with the paint booth job.I didn't do the engine/suspension as it was not needed and my usage these days is only 200kms per month. its gonna stay with me till the government bans it :-).

sorry, with regards to suspension, i had only changed some bedding bushes etc, but not touched the tyre rods, shocks etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you updated your rc of the colour change? 1.6 lacs is high , but it comes when done in asc. Could have done it in a outside shop for a lesser cost. How much did it cost for the painting? The car looks so good in white. If possible remove the IND number plates( which is illegal too to use) and put white glassy number plates , it will look better for this white car.

That's a commendable re-work done with your Accent dear Markiv.

Loved the fit and finish and very nice to see it in white color. I'd once been in accent recently and must say it has real good back seat comfort where newer generation cars doesn't.

Please do post pics of interiors as well.

Have you updated your rc of the colour change? 1.6 lacs is high , but it comes when done in asc. Could have done it in a outside shop for a lesser cost.
The price he has paid for re-work is very well spent, because the fit and finish is what matters when you restore a car and I can very well say it has come perfect in this car which makes perfect bang for the buck, whereas with outside shop, it's always a gamble and you can give it only to a trusted mechanic who's very hard to find these days.

If possible remove the IND number plates( which is illegal too to use) and put white glassy number plates , it will look better for this white car.
I have the similar kind of plate and haven't been ticketed for this reason. IMHO even glassy plates are illegal, the numbers should be imprinted in the plate.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone once again. The showroom guys gave me a letter which i sent to the RTO and they have entered in their books. The RTO took my old RC Book and gave me a new pvc card in which the colour mentioned is white ( So job is done).

@chevrolet: I had to send the car for RTO inspection, it went with the IND number plates and there seems to be no objection/problem in Bengaluru. Getting it painted outside was not on my radar as i wanted nothing but the best for my fav car. I know that outside job may have been cheaper, but i think you can guess my attachment when i spend this sort of money on a 12 year old car which i use for only 200km per month.

@bhvm: i was told that i need to get a Fitness certificate done after 15 years and continue for another 5 years, no need of another registration

Nice one Bro. Accent is one he'll of a car. This car was the first among common rail diesels that came into India. Don't know whether your's a diesel or petrol as I don't see it anywhere mentioned. The restoration is come out nice.white looks awesome on Accent.wish you many more happy miles on it.

Thread Starter #11
@vishwas: posting some pics of the interiors
@incarnation: thx, its a 1.5 Ltr petrol originally coded as GVS ( now they put a GLE logo)

PS: the last pic is of my older brother and younger brother together..

Attachments

Top Bottom