Fuel Leaking From Bike

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

had a issue today when I went out to park my car. A bike (whose owner had probably come to the market nearby) had a open hose out of which petrol was pouring onto the street. It was a kawasaki bike with a black neoprene hose just below the tank and the hose was not connected anywhere. There was already a pool of petrol on the road. Fearing a safety risk, we first tried clamping the hose but that wasnt working. Then someone pointed out a brass nipple below the tank and that seemed to be the only location the hose could be connected to. We pushed the hose onto it and the leakage stopped. But have we done the right thing?

Pic here of the connection we made. This thing is just immediately below the tank. Tell me quickly

Ameyam

Attachments

it must have been the ages old kawasaki bajaj bike. yes u clamped it right. the grey pipe from fuel cock has to connect to carburrator. u can have also closed fuel position to off when it was leaking

Thread Starter #3
I tried closing the fuel cock but it wouldnt stop

The guy came & called me from the number i left. Showed him the problem & solution but even he was not sure if that was the correct thing to do. After a couple of attempts his bike started & he said he would show a mechanic later. Meantime i decided to do nothing about the puddle of gasoline as most of it had absorbed into the tar road

Ameyam

Top Bottom