Rear Demister / Defogger: How Does it Work?

Thread Starter #1
Can someone explain how the rear demister/defogger works? Also is there a timer in the switch which will switch off after a few minutes so that the glass does not get over-heated and crack/break?

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Rear demister/defogger - How does it work?

Rear De-mister are small heating wires embedded in glass. Most vehicles offer a timer that switches off in 10 min. However even during continuous use, The temperature is not as high to Damage the glass.

Can someone explain how the rear demister/defogger works? Also is there a timer in the switch which will switch off after a few minutes so that the glass does not get over-heated and crack/break?
The rear demister/defogger works based on the control of the BCM (Body control module) which turn's on the element and monitor the load switch off it when ever load raise in the heating element.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks BHVM and Kannan

Is the switch available separately? What should I ask for in the shop?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member

I haven't seen a timer switch available separately. and I wouldn't actually bother. just use them the way company has provided.

my xuv has provided timer switch, my i10 has normal switch. none of the vehicles have any problems in this regard.

The answer is said by the masters, Hi Kannan, you succeeded to fit defogger and wiper on your ritz?

The answer is said by the masters, Hi Kannan, you succeeded to fit defogger and wiper on your ritz?
I'm working on it rakesh will let you know through my thread updated once done[:D].

Thanks BHVM and Kannan

there is no timers switch found in modern cars nowadays as it is controlled electronically for your clear understanding i will post a pic how it wired in a car.[:)]

Attachments

Top Bottom