Ford Ikon 2002 Endura Engine

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have Ford Ikon 2002 make, which has Endure Engine. Few months back I had coolant leakage, which eventually lead to engine overheating. Vehicle breakdown on a holiday forced me to get it serviced at near by local garage. Head gasket, thermostat and valves were replaced. Since then the Engine rhythm completely changed, pickup seems to be less and with A/C on the car gets shutoff suddenly. The mechanic who did the work mentioned that the Engine tuning need to be done after it runs for few days.

After running it for few days coolant hose started leaking due to cracks, which I replaced it myself. Following things need to be addressed:

1. Engine tuning / valve adjustment
2. Coolant circulation and blockages if any
3. Shutdown when A/C is ON
4. Loss of pickup

I am from Hyderabad. Would be grateful if you can suggest a good Ford mechanic nearby L.B Nagar.

Thanks!

Hi, I had faced a similar situation in my previous car. To understand the cource of the problem, you will have to answer these below questions.

1. After the breakdown, when your mechanic serviced the car, did he mention anything about head gasket damage/replacement?
2. Ever since you got the repairs done, did you check the coolant tank to see any oil traces? or deep brown sludge formation?
3. Does the coolant tank/reservoir go empty very frequently?
4. When your AC shuts down, does it happen at all speeds? or in any specific gear? also what about temp needle, does it go towards hot as soon as you hit AC on?

Answering these will surely help others to answer your queries. In most cases when a breakdown happens, due to excess heat in engine, it results in head gasket damage, which might even cause head warping (bent head). Which simply means, lots of engine work and roughness felt while driving. Most of the above questions are actual symptoms of a damaged head.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,

1. After breakdown, head was reworked (trimming) and a new gasket and valves were put.

2. No such traces. However as mentioned there was a crack in the bottom hose of the radiator, which I replaced with an after market one.

3. Coolant tank seems to be OK after replacement of cracked hose.

4. You are right. With AC ON the car shuts down at lower gears 1st and 2nd.

The current condition is irregular engine beat, reduced pickup.

Thread Starter #4
Hi Friends,

The car is running fine, except that the idling becomes rough after warm up with AC ON. Need your advice on diagnosing the issue.

Thanks!

Top Bottom