Air Conditioner and Overheating Problem!

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

Recently I have started noticing that the AC stops functioning after a run of 50-60 kms on my 2010 Ford Figo. This is followed by overheating warning, which goes away after I switch off the air conditioner. Yesterday, I tried turning on the AC again and within a span of 2-3 minutes the overheating warning came up again. I turned off the AC and soon the warning light went off.

The Air conditioner works perfectly fine in short drives, irrespective of the outside temperature. This makes me believe that there is no issue with the compressor and the overall Air con system must be fine.

I think the issue is somehow related to the heating up of car and there is some part that stops functioning at higher temperature. I am a novice with very limited technical knowledge of automobiles. I request the fellow members to provide their insights on this.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just open the bonnet of your car. Ask someone else to start the car and then after a minute turn on the AC.

The fan should start and you will hear it's noise. Like gaddam said if it's not working car will overheat.

Also check the level and quality of coolant. If it's low then top up and if you feel it's just water then refill.

Reasons for fan not working.
*Getting stuck somewhere.
*The motor that starts the fan has gone kapoot.

If the fan is working properly get the thermostat valve checked.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks friends for your advice.

I have checked the coolant level and it is fine. Will check the AC condensor fan today.

Same issue happened with one of my friend's SX4 Diesel.

The culprit was there was no coolant in the coolant tank. Service centre guys forgot to refill the coolant after draining.

Whenever the AC cuts off, the Engine heat needles shoots up.

Thread Starter #7
Dear TAIgers, Many thanks for your valuable inputs.

The isuue has been resolved. COndensor Fan and relay were both working fine. Clogged radiator was causing this issue. Got it cleaned at a trusted FNG. The AC is working fine now. :)

I am also facing the same problem with my Honda city. When enquired with the ASC, the answer was radiator fan motor problem. Either the fan is not switching on properly or the fan speed is slow when switched on. However the overheat light just appeared once in my car and then vanished. Waiting for replacing it in warranty.. Please check if you car has the same problem..

I've a similar problem here with my Second hand Ford Fiesta, I've the AC working problem in day time where the AC will not work properly on top of it I also get the Engine Temperature being increased from 65 - 120 once the Coolant oil burst out of the tank and got leaked from the lid.

I've no over heating problem when I drive long distances where I donot do much Clutch action.

I've no problem of over heating when I switch off the AC and go for a drive which donot allow me to go more than 20 KMPH for more than an hour.

All the problem I have is that when I go for a drive at low speeds with clutch actions mostly during the Day and night I've the AC on, the Over heating and the hot air being blown at the same time. Can some one suggest where the problem is.

I've installed the Cooling Coils High Speed and Low Speed Coils of Fan or AC recently like 5 months before.

I hear the fan sound when I stop the car which still keeps on running for some time

I see the coolant oil is still ok untill i ignore the fact that the engine got 120 and still continue driving then only it blows

I always switch off the AC when I see the Over heating then automatically the temperature calms down to normal 65 degrees again.

Can somebody help me on this

@Pranav2404
I faced the same problem last year and my radiator went kaput. It burned a 18k hole in my pocket. Please dont drive once the engine overheats.
Its happening again after almost one year. I showed it at the service center, he says that there is no problem but I know there is a problem.

This is my theory
- The AC compressor is 150cc; the biggest of the lot and so this may have a direct bearing on the radiator switching on. There are 2 stages of fan speeds (?) in the radiator. The loud sound comes when it runs in stage 2
- The dust that accumulates in the fins of the radiator is not cooled properly and so the cooling of the coolant is not effective which in turn means the temp sensor always has a higher value and the fan does not stop.

You need to go the service center and sit on their head. This is what I intend to do

Am facing little more serious issue related to air-conditioning.
My vehicle is ford fiesta duratorque 1.4 diesal. While running in low rpms with air conditioning in ON position ,the engine oil pressure warning coming ON and engine is cutting off.. The restart is not possible for half an hour.
Please give me some remedies for this fault.
Engine oil level and coolent level is within the limit.

Top Bottom