Good Brake Shoes For Mahindra XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to replace the brake shoes for my XUV 500 as I am not satisfied with the stock ones(Golfer). Is there any alternative to the stock ones.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i think there is some issue in the first gen xuv500. my cousin's xuv has some grinding noise. he changed the disc pads 3 times in the first year.

anyways ask for tvs girling brand. i got them installed in my santro (after 5 years , previously used RANE brand) and the braking effect improved a lot even with the original disc brakes at 130k kms.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
i think there is some issue in the first gen xuv500. my cousin's xuv has some grinding noise. he changed the disc pads 3 times in the first year.

anyways ask for tvs girling brand. i got them installed in my santro (after 5 years , previously used RANE brand) and the braking effect improved a lot even with the original disc brakes at 130k kms.

There were issues with the 1st gen but mine is the updated one (2014- launched after Mahindra s zero defects pgm for XUV). In my case it's the screeching noise and not the grinding one. Anyways thanks for your suggestion, will check it out .

Hi Everyone,
I am planning to replace the brake shoes for my XUV 500 as I am not satisfied with the stock ones(Golfer). Is there any alternative to the stock ones.
I would suggest you go to M&M and tell them the issue and get the pads replaced under warranty. Have you got your pads changed yet? And how many kms on your ODO?

I got mine changed at 5K under warranty and then at 48K kms.

+1 to Singh Saab.

Getting the shoes replaced from Mahindra is a better bet.

Another option:
Get complete brembo kit including good drilled rotors, callipers and pads. Expensive but worth the moolah and yes, ab expert to install them.
Once done then you need good quality tires too for enjoying the improved braking.

All in all, the first option sounds lower on expenses and maybe a safe bet too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
@sinngh 890-- I have clocked 30000kms. It all started when I had crossed 20000kms. When ever I brake there was a screeching noise from the front pads, the very next day I took it to the service centre they did a test drive and informed me that, it cannot be changed under warranty as I have already crossed 20k. They applied some silica gel to the pads and for the next three weeks it was fine. Again the problem cropped up after 3 weeks they did the same routine , again I had been there once and the same routine( applying silica gel and cleaning the disc&pads) and finally the S.A told me that it is part of the service routine to change the pads in the next service (30k) which is due right now. I think they should have improved the quality of the pads on the face lifted XUV and I hope the same is available.

+1 to Singh Saab.

Getting the shoes replaced from Mahindra is a better bet.

Another option:
Get complete brembo kit including good drilled rotors, callipers and pads. Expensive but worth the moolah and yes, ab expert to install them.
Once done then you need good quality tires too for enjoying the improved braking.

All in all, the first option sounds lower on expenses and maybe a safe bet too.
Today I found these on amazon, dunno how good it is.

Delphi LP2686IN Front Brake Pad for Mahindra XUV 500 (Diesel)

ALTECH Hi-Performance Brake Pads For Mahindra XUV 500 - Front

Sirji since XUV isn't the vehicle that interests me, so I am not very sure about the brake shoes you have mentioned.

I guess @Singh890 and @Iron Rock are the ones who can guide you of exactly what to do. You can find their respective XUV ownership threads in the ownership reviews part of the forum.

Top Bottom