Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDi - Turbo Boost Leak

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post in this forum, have been lurking around but finally decided to join [:)].

I have a 5 months old VW Polo 1.5 TDI with 8.5K on the Odo.
I suspect that i am having a leak in my turbo or its hoses, or maybe its a vacuum leak.
My observation: When my car has run for 10-15 mins i.e the engine is hot and if i change my AC to fresh intake i can clearly hear a hissing noise from the engine compartment every time i press the accelerator.
This is not so evident when i switch back to re-circulation mode for the AC, probably in that case the vent is closed and the insulation between the engine compartment and cabin is increased.

Can fellow members please guide me whether i am being too cautious or can VW India do a vacuum test to ensure that i dont have any leaks.

Thanks,
RedPolo

Thread Starter #3
I have surely seen a drop in my FE.
The pickup feels decent enough though.

How can i get this verified? There are no oil leaks near the incooler hose, got that checked at VW.

RedPolo,
I am observing the exact same issue with my 1.5 Polo TDI. Audible noise coming from the engine compartment / passenger footwell area on accelerating in Fresh Air mode only. No loss of power. Did you diagnose the issue ? If so, kindly share the details. My Car is 11k kms old.

Top Bottom