Ignition Coil Fuse Burst

Thread Starter #1
I have Maruti 800 MPFI Car. Once suddenly it stopped the engine and it's not starting.Took around one hour. after checking the fuse assembly found Ignition coil fuse of 15A was burnt.

Second time also it happened on third day, then I showed it to an Auto Electrician, he removed all the connectors in Ignition COIL circuit and put 15 Amps fuse and started putting one by one connectors to its appropriate positions. but that time the fuse was not blown and the car engine started.

I'm afraid if it happens at night time and far distance of the home town .What are the precautions are to be taken? Kindly advice.

I have Maruti 800 MPFI Car. Once suddenly it stopped the engine and it's not starting.Took around one hour. after checking the fuse assembly found Ignition coil fuse of 15A was burnt.
Very much possible for a short in the ignition coil. Check the resistance of the Ignition coil using a multimeter. Refer the attached picture from M-800 MPFI workshop manual. If the resistances are with in the said range, then doubt the Ignitor box.

Attachments

Re: Ignitian Coil Fuse burst

Does i it happens intermediately?
Yes, & No. These are electrical / electronic stuff. You will end up spending more in analyzing the cause in the igniter circuit or inside the ignition coil than replacing them.

Top Bottom