Ford Fiesta Classic Engine Oil Leakage

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
I just came back from a 20 km drive and checked the floor of my parking lot and found something on the floor.
I checked the bottom of the car and found this. Please check the picture.
Let me know if this is serious and what can be the issue.

Thanks

Attachments

Re: Need Help

Looks like the engine oil pan. I can't see any cracks on the pan, so suspect is the gasket between block and the pan.
Cheap part. But they need to drain the oil, take out the pan, replace the gasket and then fix everything back.
Nice chance to change the oil and oil filter[;)]

First of all, check the amount of oil left in the engine. If its less, add some oil.
Then check the intensity of leak, If its minor you can drive to workshop (Nearby), else ask your workshop guy to tow it to there workshop as they need lift to open the pan and fix it.
I am worried about the golden pipe in the left, Because to take out the sump, that pipe has to be removed. Check which pipe is it.
BTW, which car is it?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Looks like the engine oil pan. I can't see any cracks on the pan, so suspect is the gasket between block and the pan.
Cheap part. But they need to drain the oil, take out the pan, replace the gasket and then fix everything back.
Nice chance to change the oil and oil filter[;)]

First of all, check the amount of oil left in the engine. If its less, add some oil.
Then check the intensity of leak, If its minor you can drive to workshop (Nearby), else ask your workshop guy to tow it to there workshop as they need lift to open the pan and fix it.
I am worried about the golden pipe in the left, Because to take out the sump, that pipe has to be removed. Check which pipe is it.
BTW, which car is it?

Thanks for your reply. the car is ford fiesta sxi petrol version.
How much do you think it is going to cost me and should i do the work from local garage or A/S/S?

Since it's a ford, cost for repairs will be a bit higher than normal, Max Charge (Gasket plus labour) should be around Rs 500-550. Rest for oil and oil filter.
If it was a Maruti, max price would have been 300 (Incl gasket) [lol]
I would suggest A.S.S for peace of mind and genuine parts.
Did you check that pipe on left?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

Since it's a ford, cost for repairs will be a bit higher than normal, Max Charge (Gasket plus labour) should be around Rs 500-550. Rest for oil and oil filter.
If it was a Maruti, max price would have been 300 (Incl gasket) [lol]
I would suggest A.S.S for peace of mind and genuine parts.
Did you check that pipe on left?
Hey
Thanks for your reply. I went to the A.S.S today and they told to replace the oil filter.
They said if required they would top up the oil as well. Will go tomorrow to collect the vehicle and let you know about the cost incurred.

Thanks

So was the leakage through oil filter?
Is it broken or had been fitted incorrectly?
Some time back my uncle's oil filter (Maruti Ritz vxi) also broke after he hit a stone on bad patches of road.
In the above pic, i couldn't see the oil filter, so damage to filter didn't came to my mind. [lol]
Please see that if you are near to your service schedule, I would suggest change the oil.
All the best

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
OK Guys so here is the update.
The SA told me that the filter was good and they just replaced something inside it.
I was unable to get what he said.
But i think the filter was loose and thus leaking oil. Thanks to the speed breakers (vehicle Breakers).
they might have just fitted it properly.
The total cost was around 400 Bucks with tax.

Top Bottom