Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 60K Major Service Cost

Thread Starter #1
Hello Punto Owners,

I need inputs on what is the approx cost of 60k major service at FASS? I got a quote of approx 23k ,over phone. Also how much would be/could be the difference if got it done from outside FNG?

Also if any of you are Pune based, and could share some pointers to trusted and honest FNG for Punto it would be great. Badly in need of this.

Thanks guys.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
did you ask them what all is included in the 60k service ? 23k is too expensive and i'm sure cost will increase after you take your car and they check for some other things.

edit : just googled it and indeed many members on another forum has mentioned cost around 25k. that's very costly. but it includes clutch replacement cost as well. wonder why that is. again do ask the advisor over the phone or maybe go to a service center and ask him to give the details including estimate prices.

Last edited:
Which variant you have, is it 75hp or 90hp?

If it is 75hp then don't get timing chain replaced.

Timing chain replacement is mandatory only for 90hp engine at 60k kms.

I think it's gonna cost you approx 14 grands with all fluids replaced.

If timing chain is also supposed to be replaced then approx 7 grands extra.

BTW would you mind sharing the estimate(detailed) given by SA to you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I dont have the detail estimate, as it was taken over the phone. The only break up which she told was servicing plus all fluid chages plus break pad changes etc would cost 11 k and timing chain change would cost 12 k...so total 23 k approx including labour and taxes.

Here is the rough breakup:

engine oil~2500
oi filter ~450
fuel filter (with sensors)~2200
A/C filter~220
air filter~450
gear oil~1200
coolant(for 6L)~1300
Steering oil~550
break oil~400
brake pads~3300
wheel alignment/wheel balancing: 650
Timing belt~7000
+ 1400(service labor)+ other labor charges.

Last edited:
Which variant you have, is it 75hp or 90hp?

If it is 75hp then don't get timing chain replaced.

Timing chain replacement is mandatory only for 90hp engine at 60k kms.

I think it's gonna cost you approx 14 grands with all fluids replaced.
My friend owns a 75hp Punto in Kolkata. For the 60k service they showed timing chain is a mandatory change, which is also specified in the owners manual and gave him an estimate of around 10k. Its better to change the timing chain as a precautionary measure. I have read about engine seizures in few Fiats 1.3 multijet engines due to negligence in changing the timing chain on time. That included a 75hp punto too.

Last edited:
my vista 60k service cost is 7500(from out side) with all fluids some welding,bushing and timing belt also included
ac service from TASC cost me 2500 which included compresses oil cooling coil cleaning and ac gas recharging

Thread Starter #8
I have read about engine seizures in few Fiats 1.3 multijet engines due to negligence in changing the timing chain on time. That included a 75hp punto too.
Yes even i have read this in auto forums. Thats why i was inclined towards changing it.

my vista 60k service cost is 7500(from out side) with all fluids some welding,bushing and timing belt also included
ac service from TASC cost me 2500 which included compresses oil cooling coil cleaning and ac gas recharging
So , since the engine is same, i should expect approx same charges if get it done from outside FNG?

Also i do not own this car right now, the car under consideration is a used one, 2009,1.3 Emotion, 57k run.

Guys timing chain change is not at all required in 75hp,

Nor it is mentioned in any fiat booklet.

Though timing chain change is mentioned in booklet for 90hp engine.

If some workshop is forcing you to replace the same.

Tell him give it to me in writing then change it without any issues.

If he gives you in writing then pay for it, and escalate it to the customer care.

You'll definitely get your money back.

Cause in 75hp engine timing chain is scheduled to be replaced at 100 k kms.

Before that if somehow chain goes bad then it'll be covered under warranty.

In case of 90hp engine chain is scheduled to be changed at 60k kms.

Guys, Met a friend some time back. He said he has changed the Diesel pump in his Fiat Punto at 60,000 kms. He said it was given in the manual to change it at 60,000 kms. But the engine sound is bit harsh now.

Top Bottom